Integrated Product Key Question ?

Ok guys, here's the $1,000,000.00 question from me:

Is it possible to create a Windows XP Professional VLM that has the VLM key already integrated into it?? my problem is this:

;SetupMgrTag

[userData]

ProductKey=ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO-PQRST-UVWXY

FullName="MYNAME"

OrgName="MYORG"

With just this minimal amount of info, it errors out during the initial gui portion of the setup. The above is all the info I want to have on the cd. The reason is if I do an unattended winnt.sif (which I have done successfully), I am unable to boot the cd to do a repair operation. Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be graciously appreciated.

you can use the 'multi boot dvd' guide to create an XP CD that has both unattended and standard installation types, just have two copies of the I386, one with a winnt.sif and one without...

but, using DefaultHide should do what you want.... just don't set SkipEULA=1 or any of the other SKIP options....

let us know if using DefaultHide works for running a repair

otherwise, you have to do the multi-boot cd with 2 installations :)

correction to the above post.....

you don't need two I386 directories, but two BOOT directories. If you go the mutliboot dvd route, you'll see what I mean. The Winnt.sif would go in the boot directories instead of the i386.

oops of course! :)

good one alanoll i'm a bit drunk i shouldn't have tried to use my memory to give help to someone while im drunk... but hey! check out the batch file help i gave to one guy just before :rolleyes: not bad after half carton of heavies

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if someone can enlighting me to a wee problem I have in creating a multi-boot dvd. Just as the same problem ButlerKevinD was having, however can't seem to find any info on what may be wrong with the file.

Below is almost exactly what is within my own winnt32.sif file:

;SetupMgrTag[unattended]    UnattendMode=DefaultHide
[userData]    ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx    FullName="User"    OrgName="Company"    ComputerName=WXP-0001

Just looking to get the product key integrated, any help would be greatly appreciated!

@paulrobert_a

i sure hope winnt32.sif isn't the actual filename, and that was a typo when you posted. Should be called winnt.sif

also, it goes in the BOOT folder your using, not the I386 folder.

Thanks Wraith eventually did that late last night.

yeah sorry Alanoll typo on the filename, and yes had the file in the boot folder and not the i386 folders :)

Thanks for the replies and help, now to add my nforce drivers and programs :rolleyes: