Piracy raid

gosh

From another forum i heard about a huge raid today overseas. http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/April/04_crm_263.htm

I'll quote this from another forum:

So far confirmed they did a check-up in:

TU DELFT, TWENTE UNIVERSITY , UNIVERSITY OF UTRECHT and UNIVERSITY GRONINGEN (RUG)

Pictures (warning slow!):

hxtp://masteroni.student.utwente.nl/pics/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=politie_op_de_campus&page=1

hxttp://mjrider.student.utwente.nl/gallery/politie?page=6

There are sites busted and closed down and some people are arested.

CONFIRMED SO FAR:

Sites busted: APV DC FBI FS TLZ

FBI = 300MBIT. NL FLT

FS = 155MBIT .NL FLT

Sceners busted: riddla/NEBULA archangel/GimpsRus toxin/FLT Gair/formerFLT

Also the dutch HQ of FLT (aka Fairlight) got busted and one of the FLT HQ in USA also. This migh be the end of FLT. This is very bad news.

I just find it stupid. Instead of going after students downloading software they should be going after the real criminals, the terrorists and such.

-gosh

Oh come on, these people are just asking to be arrested. They blatently pirate software and commonly distribute trojans through this software. I'm sure if any of you advanced MSFN'ers turned to the Dÿrk Side you would be better than these punks.

/hehe, imagining an evil pirate Gosh probably named Gõšh :)

ive never know of a trojan in any cd image distributed by any of the groups targeted. common myth about viri and trojans spread by newbies and anti piracy advocates.

still, if you use some software, and you like it, its only reasonable to pay the people who put the hard work into it. you wouldnt like it if someone took money out of your wage packet each month without you being able to stop them :/

Some games take years to make for example, 3 to 5 years or more isnt uncommon for some of the big ones.

Sceners busted: riddla/NEBULA archangel/GimpsRus toxin/FLT Gair/formerFLT

Also the dutch HQ of FLT (aka Fairlight) got busted and one of the FLT HQ in USA also.

colegio6.gif

Ha-Ha!

Good riddance I say. I wonder how "elite" they are feeling now?