No sound with BWC Extended Kernel installed

If I install any sound drivers after installing BlackWingCat's Extended Kernel, the sound drivers install successfully, but no audio is played and the Sound and Multimedia properties say there are no playback devices.

There is no symbol and no error code in Device Manager.

sound.png

Edited by Ximonite

Is this with HDA devices by any chance? And if so, was KB888111 installed beforehand?

I know that something that is in USP 5.1 breaks it, and whatever it is must have been integrated before KB888111 in such a case (it doesn't have to be in USP 5.1, it could be in other things as well). Perhaps it's something originally from XP that expects a non-existent Windows Audio service? audiosrv.dll from 2003 SP2 has no missing functions, so you could export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Audio from XP/2003 to your win2k, copy audiosrv.dll to system32 and try it out.

Edited by win32

On 8/1/2020 at 7:19 PM, win32 said:

Is this with HDA devices by any chance? And if so, was KB888111 installed beforehand?

The sound device I am currently trying to get working is an HDA device, but I also have this issue with non HDA sound devices. I tried installing a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and it's drivers and have the same issue. Also, I tried moving the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS to a different computer with Windows 2000 SP5 and no other updates and it worked.

Update: I ended up reinstalling Windows 2000 and installing the sound drivers before BlackWingCat's Extended Kernel. I don't need anyone to spend time finding a solution to this problem as I just dodged the problem entirely.

Edited by Ximonite