How to use backup

mike13

Back in the March tine period, I made a backup of my entire computer using EASEUS , to a external USB hard drive.  At the end of doing the backup I was asked if I wanted to make a recovery CD. I said yes, and then followed the instructions to burn a recovery CD.  Now, how would I use those two items if needed?  I assume I would connect the USB hard drive, insert the CD in the reader, turn the computer off, then on, and then boot to the CD. Is this correct, or would I simply connect the external USB drive and then boot to it. Thanks,  Mike

Yes , restore requires both , you need a boot device support to access your external backup if things go wrong. 

I'm not using easus but it's the same . 

If I were you, I make some try just to ensure you know how is the process if you need some day . And to check if after booting from your boot device support , you can access your backup. 

11 hours ago, innuendo33 said:

Yes , restore requires both , you need a boot device support to access your external backup if things go wrong. 

I'm not using easus but it's the same . 

If I were you, I make some try just to ensure you know how is the process if you need some day . And to check if after booting from your boot device support , you can access your backup. 

Thanks innuendo33 for the reply. That is exactly what I am trying to do. I want to make sure the process works in case I ever need it.

6 hours ago, HarryTri said:

In order to restore the system partition a suitable boot device is needed since this can only be done offline.

Thanks HarryTri for the reply.