Norton 2002 in XP

sonicenforce

I feel like this should really be merged to the topic "Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?" that you can find here

Anyway, although Norton 2002 still works on XP, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as antivirus. Sure, definitions will be kept updated, but it's missing some very important functions that have been implemented in pretty much any recent antivirus software including (to name a few) streaming updates rather than checking them once a day, a sandbox, an anti ransomware which prevents important data from being encrypted, protection against unauthorized access to devices like microphone and webcam and so on, all features that modern version of antivirus softwares (like Avast) have.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, the only reason why I choose "FranceBB" long time ago (in 1998) was because my first name is "Francesco" and the first letter of my surname is "B", however the website I was trying to register to (I don't even remember which one it was) already had that name, so opted for "BB". It was also fine 'cause at the time I used to go to the beach to do surf but not with a regular board and that thing was called bodyboarding, so in that case the two "B" had a sort of double meaning. Little I know that I would have left Italy within few years because of my studies and my job and that my nickname would have created a lot of confusion xD