Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Sign in to follow this  
frankr2994

Unpacking all system files and drivers

So I'm having an issue here. Not my first time around trying to get 98se working but this time I need help. I can install it no problem and I have all my drivers lined up. What I've been doing is starting with a blank hdd loading 98 on it and then using gparted to partition it so I can later install xp as a second boot option and I also leave a fat32 partition as an area that both operating systems can see. In that partition I load all my drivers. So back into it I run through the chipset installation software no problem then I do video,audio,nic card. This is where I have problems. It seems that at any step after I do chipset I can be presented with found new hardware at startup and it needs 20 files that it can't find. I have ran thri this without a hiccup as well and later screwed something else up resulting in a re install. I would like to fully unpack all the cab files on the 98 iso and just have them sitting in my fat 32 partition so I can just point to one area every time. 

assuming, that dest folder is c:\udir:
go to ur win98 distr folder and run this command

for %i in (*.cab) do extract /e /a /l c:\udir %i

i actually found a different solution that i can do before I install windows 98. having other issues though and starting a new thread. thanks!