winnt.sif DetachedProgram ?

i realized, it worked.

but it did not decompressed at the HDD\Drivers folder as i expected, rather, it decompressed the files at the HDD\windows folder. i suppose, i should apply some advanced SFX rules with the drivers.exe file.

i realized, it worked.

but it did not decompressed at the HDD\Drivers folder as i expected, rather, it decompressed the files at the HDD\windows folder. i suppose, i should apply some advanced SFX rules with the drivers.exe file.

You need to specify the directory to extract to in the SFX settings. Look at the bottom of the third page of the pinned "Solved..." thread by Alanoll in the Drivers forum. I posted all the info for how to create the SFX archive which works for me.

oh yeah.....

people and there old ways of copying stuff from the CD.....

I think i ahve ONE file that's $OEM$ folders that gets copied. The rest are either programs to be isntalled, or were one or two files that I just added to txtsetup.sif and had XP copy them over.

I must admit, I wasn't too keen on having drivers extracted using DetachedProgram but now that I have compressed the drivers folder and seen just how much smaller it is! wow! :) i originally wanted to run the WPI program as DetachedProgram but now that I have given up on that idea, I compressed my drivers to SFX archive :rolleyes:

my Drivers folder used to be 163MB

now it is only 37.2MB

ok... so running

DetachedProgram="%systemdrive%\Install\Drivers.exe"

will work OK, assuming the Drivers.exe is copied from the $OEM$ directory...

what if I want to run it off the CD?

will DetachedProgram="Drivers.exe"

look in the $OEM$ base folder? (like cmdlines.txt) ?

I haven't figured out how to run Drivers.exe from the CD yet, though I think Alanoll's method might be needed. For now, I just have it in the $OEM$\$1 folder to run from the hard drive called as ".\Drivers.exe".

hrmm... now you got me thinking... why not just run a CMD file as DetachedProgram? That would work.. why didn't i think of that before (I just finished burning a new copy of my CD that has compressed Drivers.exe but it gets copied during the $OEM$ copy)

DetachedProgram=%systemdrive%\install\driver.cmd

driver.cmd =

@echo off
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G:) do if exist %%i\cd.set start %%i\Stuff\Drivers.exe

I think I've heard that the t-39 time is too soon to run batch script!!! This time seams really limited.

I think you're right. And I also think we'll find out if that's truly the case very soon :):rolleyes: