NetFramework asking for disk.

I put all my software onto my CD, and I am installing from cd with the %cdrom% comment, and this installer loads, and at the end of the status box of Netframework, it asks me to "Please insert the disk: Microsoft . Net framework 1.1"

How can I stop it from asking? pressing OK does not make it go away

The MS powertoys REG ADD statements:

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Photo resizing Powertoy" /fREG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\PHOTOINSTALL.EXE /Q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "PowerCalc Powertoy" /fREG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\POWERCALCINSTALL.EXE /Q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "CommandWindow Powertoy" /fREG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\CMDINSTALL.EXE /Q" /f

the .NET REG ADD statements:

REG ADD %KEY%\090 /VE /D ".net Framework" /fREG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\dotnetfx\netfx.msi /qn" /f

all the files are on the CD in the /install/ directory as you can see.

I've repackaged it as described in Greenmachine's guide. When I try to install it, I get the following error:

Can't open this installation package. Check if the package exists and if you have permission to the package, or contact the manufacturer of the application to check if the package is a valid Windows-Installer packet.

What am I doing wrong?

(BTW: I'm using Dutch copy of WinXP Pro and English version of .Net Framework, because Dutch version of that doesn't exist. However, I install a Dutch languagepack)

EDIT: stupid me :) I've found a Dutch version, link to Microsoft's download page

REM: tested it: dotnetfx.exe /Q:A /R:N ==>result: installed silent, but still a confirming screen at the end... Isn't there a switch, or do I really have to repackage it?

Chris,

i'm getting the exact same error now. I'm not sure how exactly you fixed the problem. did you repackage it or use different syntax? I user RunOnceGuiEx an the following syntax :

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D ".Net Framework v1.1" /fREG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "msiexec /qb /i %CDROM%\Software\DotNet11\dotnetfx\netfx.msi" /f

Thanks

nmepar

Thanks Chris,

I'll attempt the same. On a related note, are others using the same syntax above and *not* seeing the error message above? Is there a reason for this? Anybody care to comment?

Thanks for your help

nmepar