Internet Connection

I'm always having problems sending email with small media type files anything from 700kb to several MB and it will stop anywhere between 20-50% of sending it and just freeze. I have to open the Task Manager and end the program but, then, I have to reboot and reset my router to be able to get back on the Internet because if I don't follow that procedure, then I get "Page Cannot Be Displayed." Getting aggravating! :) What's the deal?

WarHawk...tried that and just get the runaround as usual (Comcast)

XtremeMaC...cable by the illustrious Comcast provider

I've heard you can use a file splitter to perform this function of sending media files but I don't want to fool with that to just send someone a small media script. There's no problem sending these type files from work...anything from 50kb to 10MB and ZAP...it's gone. When I try the same thing at home and click SEND, well-it just doesn't get out. :)

Do you have some form of software firewall installed? norton internet security or kerio?

Also checked your machine for spyware recently?

The file spliiter you are talking about.. is just winrar. you can create a multi zip or rar file. you will need all the rars or zips in order to unzip it and get the single file back out again. come in handy, used on newsgroups a lot for the same reasons as you post above.

Yes-I do have NIS and I went to the anti-virus and where it says, 'Email', unchecked where it says Scan Outgoing Email...did no good. I also have several programs such as Spybot, WinPatrol, SpywareBlaster, BrowserHijack Browser, and AdAware.

I have called Comcast and they said perhaps it could be Windows Media, that maybe one of the files had gotten corrupt. I have the lastest, WM9 installed. Maybe it's got something to do with IE?? I've about given up on this. Has to have something to do with the OS instead of Comcast.