BKDR IRC FLOOD

magicfly

hi guys :rolleyes:

i got a trouble! i have nav2004 installed but sometimes my pc hangs without no reasons... :D

so i tried to scan with nav and nothing found...so i tried an online scan with TRENDMICRO housecall and it finds this... BKDR IRC FLOOD.

it isn't finished because after few days this backdoor appears again...so...there's a way to kill this damned worm? :)

i don't have installed any ads or spies...adaware checked it's everything clear

please help me

well its obviously a virus

check symantec's webpage for individual apps on that virus to remove it

webscan might just be finding it but not attempting to remove it? does it say its removed?

also update all the definitions, so liveupdate nav

update pestpatrol. but if its a virus u shouldn't need pestpatrol

Didn't Housecall specify which file was infected with the BKDR IRC Flood virus? It should do.

Symantec doesn't detect this virus as its not in the Virus definitions list, so I wouldn't bother (NAV is terrible anyway).

I'd suggest removing mIRC completely and the shortcut along with it. And then reinstall. The virus infects mIRC making you a potential DDOS victim to ping and SYN Flood someone else as part of a botnet. (If you've seen strange bandwidth throughputs recently, this explains why).

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I use only the online scan (along with an ACTIVEX installed) but it just says the generic message: FOUND BKDR.IRCFLOOD ON YOUR COMPUTER...IT'S BEEN REMOVED or something similar.

Now i've uninstalled mirc but it's just the only way to kill that? and if i reinstall what happens?

i've done that. i tried with the program installed and with online scan but seems that this bkdr is not on their definition list. :rolleyes:

however i mounted a backup image of my hard disk...if this trouble arise again then......format :)