Remove GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

seskanda

I know Windows 10 Home does not have Group Policy Editor, but some tweaks out there allow it. The one I used is a .bat file from this website that enables gpedit.msc to work. Now, I like to undo or disable what that .bat did, but not sure how to do that. I've attached the .bat file below. Some help would be great.

Thanks in advance

gpedit-enabler.bat

• 1 year later...

Even though it's possible to install gpedit.msc with the batch file in the first post, does it even work properly under any circumstance? GitHub page of the alternative tool Policy Plus says that policies are applied on logoff/logon, but it doesn't seem to work, the registry setting that each applied policy modifies remain untouched (Win10 Home v1809).

25 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

To answer the OP's question, in the .bat file, the one and only occurrence of "add-package" should be replaced with "remove-package", save it then run it administrator.

Hmmm. :dubbio:

Why not referencing to the three letter verb followed by a hyphen on the fifth line (not counting blank lines) and changing it in its antonym? :unsure:

Before:

@echo off 
pushd "%~dp0" 

dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt 
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt 

for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i" 
pause

After:

@echo off 
pushd "%~dp0" 

dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt 
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt 

for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /remove-package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i" 
pause

jaclaz