Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

ruthan

New chipsets - Z170,Z270,Z370 or Ryzen support?

I wasnt here half a year any new about new chipsets - AM4 - Axx, or Intel Z170,Z270,Z370 support?

Z170 and Z270 in fact works

• Like 1

On 18. 3. 2018 at 6:48 AM, Dibya said:

Z170 and Z270 in fact works

Great, what about Z370, untested, or its not working? Performance of new 6 cores look nice. I also forgot on 2066.

1 hour ago, ruthan said:

Great, what about Z370, untested, or its not working? Performance of new 6 cores look nice. I also forgot on 2066.

I have not tested yet.  

2 hours ago, ruthan said:

What about plain 8100 on H/B/Z1x0 with modded microcode and graphics module?

or 8400 hard-modded blocking 2 pins from connecting on H/B/Z1x0 with modded microcode and graphics module?

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

What about plain 8100 on H/B/Z1x0 with modded microcode and graphics module?

or 8400 hard-modded blocking 2 pins from connecting on H/B/Z1x0 with modded microcode and graphics module?

I know it is achievable . We did it last week in our overclocking club . But system is bit unstable.

Posted (edited)
On 22. 3. 2018 at 3:12 AM, Dibya said:

I have not tested yet.  

I could test it..

What is best approach with migrated XP installation? Migrated i mean, that i will try to use my old installation - most problematic are usually storage drivers for boot.. If im not work these boards dont have IDE option in the Bios? Would some external Marwell sata controller fix it?

Update: Order placed.

Edited by ruthan

You need an AHCI Driver.

To migrate it you would need to install the AHCI Driver first, then transfer it.

Some of the Marvell SATA Cards are AHCI only also. The first Marvell Controller I encountered in the HighPoint Cards was AHCI only.

2 hours ago, ruthan said:

I could test it..

What is best approach with migrated XP installation? Migrated i mean, that i will try to use my old installation - most problematic are usually storage drivers for boot.. If im not work these boards dont have IDE option in the Bios? Would some external Marwell sata controller fix it?

Update: Order placed.

Try ahci driver from Fernando .

You need an AHCI Driver.

To migrate it you would need to install the AHCI Driver first, then transfer it.

Some of the Marvell SATA Cards are AHCI only also. The first Marvell Controller I encountered in the HighPoint Cards was AHCI only.

I have Marwell with 9215 chipset and some Asmedia controllers too and some JMicron stuff - im not i other location so i dont have details here, i become a bit collector, because my experiments.

Install driver first - Lets clarify it. Its possible on old board, without controller in the system? Just add driver in advance? or i have too add controller to first MB, install drivers and move controller to second board?  

You can partially install the AHCI Driver without having an AHCI Controller present. Google the Instructions for adding AHCI to an existing Windows XP System.

Posted (edited)

Ok, board + cpu arrived i but i dont have DDR 4 memory here and stil dont know if would move MB and CPU to other location or bring memory and controllers here to test it middle next week, otherwise i would test it probably tomorrow or on monday. Live on 2 places sucks..

Edited by ruthan

Ok, i did some basic testing... At the start even with last bios MB behaved strangely i was stuck on bios logo even some additional card was connected in PCI slots and only IGPU was present, after i added external Geforce 730, i started act normal.

Some info:
- PS2 Y cable is working
- iGPU has only Win10+ drivers, its booting to Win7 but only in generic driver mode, maybe is there some hack for it.. I only tried Intel official site and SDI driver downloader.
- Mint 18.2 had some IGPU graphics glitches, 18.3 is fine

Windows XP
- crash during boot, but its probably i tried old instalation with internal Sata or Asmedi 106x sata controller and paragon P2P driver injection, original installation was AMD970 chipset MB, which i already sold, i have no possiblity to remove old driver.. It just quick try.  
- now i will try other XP installation from other machine or clean installation from USB flash, only issue is that i have only 30 GB free partition on target SSD, so i cant port XP which i want to use for final build unless i will buy new small SSD..

Posted (edited)

I tried other old installation migration with Paragon drivers, not worked. I havent too much time to experiments, because i had some Androidx86 (AMD GPU at least Kavery (Mesa driver is used) now working at least for non games Android x86 usage, Nouveau for Geforce 900+ still dont) and Hackingtosh projects, but they are on good way. I also spend lots of time on stupid Win7->Win10 upgrade - hint for other even when you have only 1 HDD in system, when you have in BCD items for other drivers or recovery options - installation will fail.. 

Is there some tutorial for fresh Windows XP from USB installation?

Is there some PCI-E Sata controller with possiblity of switch between Sata AHCI and IDE mode?

Good news Gefore 7600, which is not working with my X99 board, gen 1 GPU is working, X800 dont - maybe it could be my monitor / GPu combo problem, i have 16:10 screen with 60Hz and this card even when it working worked only with my other monitor 4:3 1600x1200 LCD, which is maybe 75Hz im not quite sure.

Edited by ruthan