Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

decibel1000

Latest Win8.1 update breaks Aeroglass

Hello,
I'm having an issue with the latest Win8.1 update. After the update is done it breaks Aeroglass. Fortunately this is a VM and it's always snapshoted before any update, so I could rollback those updates. I don't know what update broke the thing, I have on the queue KB4099635, KB4284815, KB4287903 and KB8900830. These are basically monthly rollups and the last one is the Windows Malicious Software removal Tool. This Windows is version 6.3.9600 and Aeroglass is version 1.4.6. I tried v1.5.3 and v1.5.8 but a message is displayed saying it's not intended for my Windows. If I reinstall V1.4.6 after Windows Update to try to fix it, it doesn't accept my licence anymore.

Thanks for your help.

I wanted to try but unfortunately I have not Win8.1 installed anymore so I cannot test it. Is there something in the debug.log (with verbose logging enabled) ?

Hi @bigmuscle
Sorry not replying earlier. I had the same issue with Windows 10 today when one of my VMs suddenly update it self and broke Aeroglass. This time I cold capture the error.
Looking the Aeroglass debug.log it doesn't seem  to have an error (for my eyes) but the error exists with DWM.exe. It was working perfectly before the Windows Update. My physical machine is asking for update but I'm holding it as long as possible as the rollback id not so flexible as with the VM.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.e59f3b2d84baf98f0b28ea409ee39ed1.png