Config Select 1.1.0

KMan

Hi All!

All the tests went well for me, so here it is, v1.1.0.

Because my parser for the xplode file is quite basic, there is a limitation though, all the commands must be single line, i included one of the configs that i use for my unattended cd, so you can see how it should look like. Hope thats something you can all live with?!, i can! :rolleyes:

Since i am very short in time at the moment, i didnt manage to do any help, but i included 2 sample .ini's one with explenations and one without, hope this helps getting you started.

Now to the how too:

usage for the main window hasnt changed, but if you hit SHIFT+ENTER and the customizer is enabled you will get to the customization screen from the screenshot, with the config, that was highlighted, loaded and ready to be changed.

If you ended up in the wrong config by accident simply press ESC and you will get back to the main window.

When you deselected everything you dont want, just hit ENTER to start XPlode with your newly generated tmp config.

The Customization window also supports a few mouse options, when you double click on a topic, it will invert the state of all the items in that section, what is selected will get deselected and vice versa. if you double click with shift pressed down, all items in that section get selected, if you double click with alt pressed all items in that section will be deselected.

Thats it, (i think :)), nothing more to know...

Hope you'll find it usefull!

Greetz

KMan

CSelect.zip

• 3 weeks later...

This is really a great tool! I was looking for something like this.

I only have a few requests. I am making a dvd that's alreaddy working quite well, the only thing I want to do is to select the applications it should install. Would it be possible to only show the things that you would normaly see if you press shift+enter ?

at the moment it looks like this wit my config file:

post2.jpg

Since I only would like to choose weither to install an app or not, would it be possible to select the item name instead of the execute commands?

and this does also bring me to my last quiestion :)

when I now unslect an exectue item, the item name is still showed in xplode (it goes quick over it becouse it doesn't do anything)

this is becouse the generated code looks like this:

<item display='Windows media player 9'>
<!--   <execute display='Installing Windows media player 9' program=MPSetupXP.exe' arguments='/Q:A /R:N' /> -->
</item>

would it be possible to make it so that it generates this code:

<!--
<item display='Windows media player 9'>
  <execute display='Installing Windows media player 9' program=MPSetupXP.exe' arguments='/Q:A /R:N' />
</item> -->

Sorry for asking so much, hope you can help me (and I think there are more people interested in this.

• 2 months later...

YESS I am interested!

but my question is: Can this work from a non-XPCD, because I want to make an Unattended Software Disc, wich allows me to chose "automatic" or "Manual"

Automatic: Installs all applications unattended

Manual: User can manually select wich applications to install (unattended ofcourse!)