Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
ruthan

How to disable boot restore form registry..

Hello,
i dont remember this feature than in the day, but know even with clean installation during boot i sometime got message that setting were restored from registry and some deleted icons from desktop are back, device manager settings is reverted etc.. Is possible disable with feature?

Edited by ruthan

The system detected a corrupt Registry or INI File and restored the last known good set.

You could remove SCANREG.EXE to prevent this at your own risk.

You could remove SCANREG.EXE to prevent this at your own risk.

Remove it from where? 
Own risk.. its funnny i think is sideeffect of your patches, or in theoretically mistake it their use..

Edited by ruthan

It is in the Windows Folder. You could have checked the major Folders.

My Patches have nothing to do with this. If anything the /M Option lets you have a bigger Registry than without it.

The RAM, nVidia and SATA Patches are essential Boot Patches. If you fail to Install them, your computer won't boot.