Display Corruption With Skype 7.32

Dave-H

I also do not use automatic updating, with the download link for the FullInstaller under Windows XP the latest version of Skype (SkypeSetupFullXp.exe) is offered.

Direct links:
https://download.skype.com/caadd0c815db8f80402ba91122953ae8/SkypeSetupFullXp.exe

for newer Windows:
https://download.skype.com/caadd0c815db8f80402ba91122953ae8/SkypeSetupFull.exe

:)

Edited by heinoganda

OK. I'm now wondering if the apparent auto updating (and manual updating though the program) failures are because there is now a separate installation file for Windows XP.

I have manually updated to version 7.33 now, but I'm afraid the problem isn't fixed, the display corruption is still occurring when the Windows XP menus are set to "scroll" mode.

I have reported this on the Skype forum, but frankly I would be very surprised if it's now ever fixed.

:(

Too bad, with the fade effect (which I use regularly) this problem is not present, only with the roll effect it is acute. It is not the perfect condition and we hope that the problem will be solved. Think this in the changeover to Visual Studio 2015 so some not functioning correctly as it should. In the XP version, the sound quality is horrible for me, as I mentioned. :(

Update 03/12/2017
Skype version 7.32 will be delivered again.

@Dave-H

Update 03/17/2017
Skype version 7.33.xx.105 appeared, problems with XP menus are set to "scroll" mode and sound quality of XP variant not fixed!:realmad:

@Dave-H

Update 03/26/2017
Skype version 7.34.xx.102 appeared, problems with XP menus are set to "scroll" mode and sound quality of XP variant not fixed!:crazy:

:)

Edited by heinoganda

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue with Skype, thanks for the workaround! It's still a bit messed up in Skype itself, but Windows looks much better now (though I prefer the scroll effect).

I had been using an older version, but it wasn't letting me log in, so after a bit of tinkering, I finally got it to work, and am running 7.36.0.150.

Does 7.31 still connect okay? Would it be worth it to try to downgrade?

This may well become a moot point soon, as MS are saying that all Skype version 7 versions will no longer be supported soon, which probably means that none of them will connect!
:(
This will be an end to Skype Desktop on XP, as Skype 8 will not work at all on XP.
I don't like Skype 8 anyway (I installed it briefly on Windows 10 to try it) as it doesn't keep all of your conversation history as previous version did, it's more like the Android, iOS and Windows 10 apps.
:angry: