My hdd is dead (ST31000520AS)

Hi everyone! That is my firts time here. I´m computer fan. 
I have a big problem with my seagate hdd (ST31000520AS). It is dead. Bios can´t recognize it. I saw on Windows and no appear driver. I try in other computer and same problem. The hdd noises are normal. It does not have the typical noise when it is a physical problem. What is the problem that you think it might be? Do you have any manual to remove the electronic board of this hdd? Perharps problem is file from e2prom. I don´t know. Please help!! 

I add e2prom and photo of my hdd.

Thanks in advance ;)

W25X40AL_HDD.rar

Archivo_000(1).jpg

Archivo_000.jpg

Archivo_001.jpg

Edited by alclot

Hello again friends. I saw this video on youtube. My hdd is "Barracuda LP". Do you think is the same problem than in "barracuda 7000"? My electronic board is very similar.

I finded too this website (http://www.hdd-parts.com/10120601.html) where they sell electronic board to my hdd. What do you thing about that? Perharps is other option. 

'm very afraid of losing my information ;(

Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by alclot

What is the "e2prom" you are talking about and attached as .rar?

how did you get it?

The "usual" issue with the whole family of Barracuda/F3 disk drives, i.e. the 7200.11, the 7200.12 and the LP (which is something mid-way) is a corruption of some data in the firmware.

The symptoms are either:
1) the disk is seen in BIOS but with 0 capacity (LBA0)
2) the disk is not seen as it is in busy state (BSY)

These two symptoms (and only these two symptoms) may (or may not) be solved through known procedures.

Any other symptoms is outside (and beyond) our experience and - potentially - may need specialized hardware mcuh more costly that the US$ 10 or so that a plain TTL adapter costs. (we are talking here of thousands of dollars for a PC-3000 or similar hardware)

Do take some time to review the Read-Me-first and the FGA's:

Then, read these topics (all we have about the LP drives):

Once you will be familiar with the "previous art", you should be able to check the disk drive (not necessarily to "repair" it or to recover the info, unfortunately).

jaclaz

Hi jaclaz. The rar file has my hdd e2prom. It reads with programmer GALEP-5. Question. Busy problem maybe is bad infomation inside this memory. Do you know if this is true?

Thanks for reply ;)

Edited by alclot

Yes and no. :w00t:

Meaning that the hard disk in itself behaves like a "full system".

What is in the EEPROM you dumped and what is actually on a set of "reserved/protected" sectors on the actual platter of the hard disk is "unknown".

The hard disk "boots" (just like any system) with a sort of BIOS/firmware and - at a certain point - reads (and writes) data to the disk.

Actual info on what is where is nowhere to be found, AFAIK.

jaclaz