Nvidia GTX 960 4GB VRAM on Windows XP?

Windows 2000

9 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Using internal SATA (or PATA aka IDE) HDD/SDD bigger than 2TiB (not 2TB) is courting failure. Do NOT do it!
Using external, USB, HDD/SDD bigger than 2TiB (not 2TB), because the USB stack works OK with 4KiB sectors.
For more on this, there's an extant sticky thread on this forum, so do read it.

I use RAID5 to manage more than 2.2tb.

External hdd is really best to put as it can be carried easily.

On 25.10.2016 г. at 7:33 AM, FranceBB said:

@Windows 2000... just make sure that you enable the PAE via the patch "fix 128" or the Chinese one. https://mega.nz/#!ndsRFT4L!nOb6r6rq4kN7WcIsnrNOUYqAAclfu2zv3u2hTZS5eXk

Instructions for the Chinese one are in MSFN; feel free to PM me or @Dibya for istructions about fix 128 instead. ;)

This fix is amazing! I've tried it on my old Windows XP laptop which had 6gb RAM and it worked flawlessly! :D

Thank you so much! :) I will make sure that once I upgrade my main PC, to install Windows XP x86 and try it.

By the way, is there a Nvidia GTX 950M or maybe Nvidia GTX 940M driver for Windows XP x86? :huh:

Edited by Windows 2000

1 hour ago, Windows 2000 said:

This fix is amazing! I've tried it on my old Windows XP laptop which had 6gb RAM and it worked flawlessly! :D

Thank you so much! :) I will make sure that once I upgrade my main PC, to install Windows XP x86 and try it.

By the way, is there a Nvidia GTX 950M or maybe Nvidia GTX 940M driver for Windows XP x86? :huh:

GRAB official Nvdia package for GTX960

goto display driver folder

extract it

nvaci.inf has the driver use device manager to install

Windows xp accepting more than 3 gigs of ram has nothing to do with accepting graphics ram.

The video card can have 64 GB os video ram and it would have no effect on.

Only "system" ram is affected.

So one can use the gtx 960 4GB video card if one chooses.

Someone posted this link  before but it bears repeating.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105040/en-us

Click where it states the supported products. It states NOTHING that says only the 2 GB ones are supported.

I hope this clears this up :)

Windows XP [with the linked drivers] can play and use the GTX 960 and under. :)

9 hours ago, Sherylinrm said:

Windows xp accepting more than 3 gigs of ram has nothing to do with accepting graphics ram.

The video card can have 64 GB os video ram and it would have no effect on.

Only "system" ram is affected.

So one can use the gtx 960 4GB video card if one chooses.

Someone posted this link  before but it bears repeating.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105040/en-us

Click where it states the supported products. It states NOTHING that says only the 2 GB ones are supported.

I hope this clears this up :)

Windows XP [with the linked drivers] can play and use the GTX 960 and under. :)

I've also posted that link in the topic, but I just want to make sure that I won't throw my money out of the window and that's why I am making this topic.

9 hours ago, Dibya said:

Today one of my friend called me to make his GTX 1060 work . YAhOo inf mod made the card fly

What was that modification? Would it also work on GTX 1050? What should I do it to make it work? - I definatelly prefer GTX 1050 and if there's a way to get it working on XP, that would be AMAZING! :w00t:

I might even get GTX 1060, just if it's sure that it will work.

Please share any other information you have regarding that modification. :D

Edited by Windows 2000

@Windows 2000 probably "just" inf modding. Anyway, there's no way to guarantee that a certain card will work with just inf modding (editing the inf file): the only way to know whether it works or not, it's the "empirical way" (i.e try). In other words, it's not worth to "risk" buying a card without knowing whether it's gonna work or not (especially if it's an expensive one).

22 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

I've also posted that link in the topic, but I just want to make sure that I won't throw my money out of the window and that's why I am making this topic.

What was that modification? Would it also work on GTX 1050? What should I do it to make it work? - I definatelly prefer GTX 1050 and if there's a way to get it working on XP, that would be AMAZING! :w00t:

I might even get GTX 1060, just if it's sure that it will work.

Please share any other information you have regarding that modification. :D

Thats Really as you said.

SOrry My wrote wrong My friend own 1070 not 1060.

100 series are not tested with xp they may have bugs.

I my self highly recommend GTX 980 ti or normal TiatanX for XP. They are tested fully by me also works great.

here ypur entries if you wish to try

%NVIDIA_DEV.1B80%           = Section025, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.1B81%           = Section025, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81    

NVIDIA_DEV.1B80 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080"
NVIDIA_DEV.1B81 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070"

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Thats Really as you said.

SOrry My wrote wrong My friend own 1070 not 1060.

100 series are not tested with xp they may have bugs.

I my self highly recommend GTX 980 ti or normal TiatanX for XP. They are tested fully by me also works great.

here ypur entries if you wish to try

%NVIDIA_DEV.1B80%           = Section025, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.1B81%           = Section025, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81    

NVIDIA_DEV.1B80 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080"
NVIDIA_DEV.1B81 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070"

I am not really going to try, since it's not an cheap video card and the chances to not be working are actually pretty high.

And what about Nvidia GTX 970? It's not officialy supported by Nvidia, but I guess it would be easy to get it working since they support some of the 900 Series.

Edited by Windows 2000

On 11/3/2016 at 5:24 PM, Windows 2000 said:

I am not really going to try, since it's not an cheap video card and the chances to not be working are actually pretty high.

And what about Nvidia GTX 970? It's not officialy supported by Nvidia, but I guess it would be easy to get it working since they support some of the 900 Series.

970 has severe heating issue. Beware!

52 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

Alright. Thank you.

I'll post the results with Nvidia GTX 960 4GB VRAM on Windows XP x86 in a month or so. :D

I believe it will run very fast . 960 and 980ti does not have much difference. If it work great here with 980ti then it should work  great with 960