Netbalancher - monitor your network traffic

HarryTri

https://netbalancer.com

In the days of Windows 10, the first Windows Spyware OS version, in addition to tools like O&O Shutup Windows 10, there is this tool that allows you monitor your network traffic. In its paid version it also allows setting priorities, rules and filters for the network traffic but its monitoring capabilities are free. With it you can:

- check in real time which applications are connected to internet and to which IPs each one of them
- check the total traffic per minute/hour/day (you choose) and which applications contributed to it with their individual download/upload sum
- check the 20 or more (you choose) top applications/IPs/countries/protocols that shared your network traffic e.g. today

It is a good way to know what's going up and down through your internet connection and check if your anti-windows 10-spyware measures are efficient. I found it recently and I use it although I don't have Windows 10 (so I can know that my Windows 8 aren't too chatty - thanks God).

Edited by HarryTri
Correcting typo

It seems there is no much interest on this subject, anyway if somebody is interested he/she can try this free (it has a 14 days trial period for the not-monitoring options) program and post his opinion about it or suggest an alternative one if he/she wants.

Well, you can't have Wireshark without a *pcap* underneath it, the latter captures packets, the former analyzes results.

Maybe the thingy you linked to is more similar to ntop:
http://www.ntop.org/products/traffic-analysis/ntop/

I believe that that netbalancer is more like having the features of different programs grouped together :unsure: (i.e. doing - probably very well - what separate freely available tools can do)

jaclaz

On Κυριακή, 7 Αυγούστου 2016 at 1:08 PM, jaclaz said:

(i.e. doing - probably very well - what separate freely available tools can do)

On Πέμπτη, 4 Αυγούστου 2016 at 10:06 PM, HarryTri said:

free (it has a 14 days trial period for the not-monitoring options)

If it isn't clear after the 14 days trial period you can't set priorities/rules/filters but you can go on using the program for monitoring purposes absolutely free (you receive of course a prompt to upgrade when you open the main window but that's all). Have a look here also:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/43713/how-to-monitor-the-bandwidth-consumption-of-individual-applications

The program doesn't allow you to set priorities after the trial period anymore but it has "Total" and "Top" tabs added in its later versions:

On Τρίτη, 2 Αυγούστου 2016 at 10:56 PM, HarryTri said:

- check the total traffic per minute/hour/day (you choose) and which applications contributed to it with their individual download/upload sum
- check the 20 or more (you choose) top applications/IPs/countries/protocols that shared your network traffic e.g. today

Edited by HarryTri