Can't set certain homepage in Windows 10

mike13

I can set many different webpages as my HOME page (not at once) except one. When I set it up according to directions, and then start Edge, I get a message that says "Humm, can't seem to access that page" But if I type that page in up top, the page opens as usual. Have tried this several times with the same message. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Mike

Local address meaning you had a webserver running on your computer, or an intranet if it was at work.

Try adding it as http://dollypartonentertainment.com/story or just dollypartonentertainment.com/story without the www. at the beginning.

I will say, tho, that there might be a redirect being used by that site. If you still don't have it sorted by tomorrow, I'll try it myself.

I tried it again without the WWW. It now works, but I believe I was always trying that without the WWW. I just listed it that way in my post to MSFN. I will advise if it stops working again. By the way, that Homepage still works on my main computer with Windows 8.1 Thanks, Mike

NoelC...Not really at this point. Seams about the same to me. Still learning the different things about Edge versus IE.  I liked the fact I could open Outlook easily when I had IE open, because I had an Mail icon at the top of IE. I do not see that option in Edge. There seems to be more clicks needed to print, also in Edge versus IE.  Even when setting the Homepage. You just had to go there, open up Internet options, and choose Use Current.  But as I said , still learning. Mike