Power Management Interface Driver

Jody Thornton

I was missing a driver for an Unknown Device, and the Hardware ID showed up as:

ACPI\PNP0700
*PNP0700

It's parent device was the Intel 82801EB LPC Interface Controller.  So I figured I was missing the Power Management Controller.  I look in the drivers included with Vista and all that was on hand was the Intel 82371EB Power Management Controller.  I attempted to use this driver, and there are no errors, but I really don't think that's correct.

Interestingly, my last Vista installation did not exhibit this issue.  I wonder if anyone who has an HP xw8200 (with ANY OS installed) can tell me what driver is used for this device (most likely the power management controller).

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.  :)

I read that somewhere too, but I think they dismissed that in the thread.  My floppy controller is disabled in the BIOS.  And it's interesting because on previous installations of XP x64, XP x86 and Vista, it was never detected.

But I am now wondering if it wouldn't be a smart idea to try the standard floppy controller driver and see if that cleans things up a bit.

See I did that.  What I think happened is that I vLited the Floppy Controller out of the install.wim file, since I turned off the Floppy Controller in my Bios.  So I'd have to go to the original DVD and load the floppy driver to install it.  For now it keeps redetecting the unknown device.

I'm just stunned that the floppy controller was never detected on previous OS installations.... hmmmm.  I enabled the controller in the Bios, so I'll have to grab the original DVD.

Thanks Jaclaz.

:)

Well I brought over the drivers for the Standard Floppy Controller, and it installed.  Then it detected a phantom floppy drive.  The only way to make Device Manager happy was to feed it the drivers for the Floppy Disk Drive.

Mind you, the controller is disabled in the bios, there IS NO drive, and the previous installation of Vista (from the same vLited DVD) never asked for it.  Nor did Windows XP x64 Edition.

Device Manager is happy, but it is indeed strange.