Legal MumboJumbo... Tell me again why I should want to use Apps?

NoelC

Speaking of T&Cs and such mumbo-jumbo, @NoelC might be pleased to know that his nemesis (1913 - 10 ;) ) has been bounced out of the Insiders forum. The post listing those who have been banned appears to have been removed; good thing I get e-mail notifications of new posts. (Ahem, unlike MSFN anymore for me...)

Also (maybe OT for this particular thread), check out the post by Techie007L comparing resource usage in Windows versions from XP to 10.

...[H]ere are some real numbers on some clean computers here just as an example.  There are several more columns I could add if I took more time.  Each would demonstrate Windows getting slower and more bloated over time.

OS                                      Fresh boot RAM usage (not counting cached files)    Fresh boot handle count (resources used)
Windows XP SP3                                  188 MB                                                                    5,933
Windows 7 SP1                          975 MB (full Aero Glass)                                                       9,235
Windows 8.1                          1,018 MB (flat and boring theme)                                           14,544
Windows 10 build 10130          1,556 MB (theme stripped even more)                                    24,722

I find it interesting just "how much" resources and RAM usage we've "saved" by eliminating Aero Glass and pretty graphics from Windows.

Rats -- he had a nice-looking table but it's completely mangled by the forum software here. Had to do a lot of manual CR and LF and insertion of spaces just to bring it to a semblance of order.

--JorgeA

How can one be sure F-Secure would never take one's first born child or one's most beloved pet, when, in fact, one has agreed for eternity to hand over the same once one signed up for the free WiFi? :unsure:

You can't be sure of it.  Business contracts supersede even the Constitution of the country, and they withstand challenges all the time (look up people vs. condo associations, for example).  Given the modern change in nature of corporations, where they're becoming ever more evil/predatory without bounds, this is especially disturbing.

-Noel

In truth this only matters if the contract itself is actually legal, because the terms of any contract are subject to law, just as law is superior to equity.  Unfortunately, truth is in short supply.

It has been said that “equity is brutal,” and courts don’t hesitate to demonstrate that even as those contracts become ever more difficult for us to avoid.  This is not something that’s likely to end well.

Edited by bluebolt

Speaking of T&Cs and such mumbo-jumbo, @NoelC might be pleased to know that his nemesis (1913 - 10 ;) ) has been bounced out of the Insiders forum.

'Bout time.  If they're bouncing people for driving people away from the cesspool of an OS they're about to release, Drew was doing an awesome job of alienating anyone who had at least two brain cells to connect together.  I'm sure he means well, but it doesn't come out that way.

-Noel