What do YOU think about the promise of Windows Updates?

NoelC

What do YOU think will come from Windows Update in the future?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think, with the promised ongoing Windows Updates, that Microsoft will be:

• Rolling out Good Things?
    • Making Windows Worse?

If Microsoft were doing things that were actually making it better this would be an exciting time.

As it is, it seems to have ground down to just a repeating process of grim discovery of what's been removed or reduced in functionality.  Because of the lack of positive things to focus on, people are now singing praise for icons that aren't quite as bad as the first set.

Microsoft has promised that it will continue to develop Windows 10 after release and roll out update after update.

How does this make you feel about the future of Windows?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I find myself less apt to accept WIndows 10 because even if I can and have hacked it into something useful today, I just can't say that it will remain useful.  With every version before, there were a few years where you could say, "this is what it is and it's stable".

I already don't agree with the direction Microsoft is going.  What happens on the day they choose to roll something out that just shuts off the desktop, makes my particular hardware stop working, or makes some software I rely on incompatible.  What then?  There's no "pull over to the side of the road", no "stop the ride, I feel nauseous and need to be still for a while".

-Noel

haha "already"

this was predicted few years ago :D

and as always your problem "would be solved" by BUYING NEW stuff, that you DON'T NEED

but that is nowdays life

cars get 2 year warranty then bye bye, fixing is expencier than new one and nobody will buy out broken one

mobile phones, warranty 1.5 year, after that they don't exist on market,

literarly you can go f*** yourself as there is no replacement so yeah buy new model

laptops - same s***

PC's - soon will follow same trend - exactly coz of that new model of deployment software vs hardware

-

I can't run Skype 6 or 7 on my older XP machine as it refuses to connect - gee guess why and whos controling it

but geewizz version 5, 4, 3 work - why ? - theres no SYSTEM CHECK

Edited by vinifera

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me MS is just rolling out a new system quicker and quicker not giving a s*** about what most PC users care about. I like my smart phone and my tablet the cheep games and apps are great, however, when I have to do work (that requires more power than a phone/tablet)  I go to my PC it is more powerful and has a better interface for working on the web in word and excel documents unfortunately they are slowly trying to turn my PC into a phone.