Hideous!

Lheair

Today is the first day since the beginning of the Win 10 TP that I've just not cared enough to even boot up my Win 10 test system. The magic has evaporated, given that Microsoft is heading off in such a stupid direction and each new pre-release build gets worse.

As an early adopter excited about every system Microsoft has EVER released, this marks a significant point for me. Only once before has it happened - with Windows 8.0. I had started with the previews of that then they just eliminated Aero Glass at release. I ended up adopting Win 8.1 only after awesome 3rd party developers like Big Muscle had had time to make the system feel nicer to use.

Microsoft is simply leaving behind people who have been their greatest supporters. I guess the lure of money fleeced from those who don't know better is just too strong. Pity.

-Noel

Today is the first day since the beginning of the Win 10 TP that I've just not cared enough to even boot up my Win 10 test system. The magic has evaporated, given that Microsoft is heading off in such a stupid direction and each new pre-release build gets worse.

As an early adopter excited about every system Microsoft has EVER released, this marks a significant point for me. Only once before has it happened - with Windows 8.0. I had started with the previews of that then they just eliminated Aero Glass at release. I ended up adopting Win 8.1 only after awesome 3rd party developers like Big Muscle had had time to make the system feel nicer to use.

Microsoft is simply leaving behind people who have been their greatest supporters. I guess the lure of money fleeced from those who don't know better is just too strong. Pity.

-Noel

I'm usually a later adopter, but while the system is in development, I usually am in anticipation mode, and I'm usually very excited about upcoming versions of Windows.  But like you, not so much this time.