Start button transparancy or something

mike13

I just downloaded and install the latest Windows 10 release, 10041 after two hours all seemed OK, except.  When I click on the START button, I see my regular desktop icons, but the regular menu comes up like File Explorer, Documents, Settings, Most Used, Internet explorer, Control panel etc. It looks like the one screen is overlayed on the other. You can make it out, but it is blurry. Is this my problem, and how can I fix it, or is it a issue with this build ?  Thanks, Mike

My understanding (though I don't use the Microsoft Start Menu) is that they've added partial transparency to the parts of the Start Menu that lie between the menu entries and tiles.  As though that would placate the thousands requesting Aero Glass capability.  It's just more FUD from Microsoft, who at times seem to be following a philosophy of "do what we want, listen to feedback that already matches our grand plan, and meet any criticism with obfuscation".

-Noel

Noel, Thanks for the reply. Well I think that is stupid. Why would anyone want that ? You can't see the items clearly. The regular START items are overlayed onto the Desktop icons in that area. If I click on the Start button, I want to see the items that popup, NOT the desktop icons that are also there. I was almost liking the new Start button, but not now. I assume you are using Classic Shell, or Startis back ?? Thanks, Mike

Thanks everyone for the replies.  DosProbie......If, after I click on the Start button, I resize the next screen, I do not as easily see the first row of six icons that are on the desktop. But if I maximize the screen, that first row of six, plus the other two rows of six each, are easily seen through the next window.  Very annoying. I do not remember that with release 9926. Hopefully, (in my case) there is a fix for that shortly. Again, if I click on the Start button, I ONLY want to see the popup menu of programs etc, and NOT the icons that are on the desktop. Just my rant.  Thanks, Mike 

Well, when you maximize the Start Menu to stretch over the full screen, the material gets thinner, right?

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  :whistle:

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Well, when you maximize the Start Menu to stretch over the full screen, the material gets thinner, right?

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  :whistle:

-Noel

Yes throu, but I dont use the maximize startmenu. but that thinn look is what I want in start menu.

/Mike

Edited by mikedigitize