WinINSTALL LE

mazin

Why?

If the package is not read-only and you delete subkeys first, it should work.

In this tree:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

delete these keys in this order: Run --> CurrentVersion --> Windows and they will be deleted.

I tested it already on my PC, and this is why I'm saying that. You can try it yourself.

I don't wanna be rude but,

this is completely wrong!!

messenger service is totally different from MSN messenger and windows messenger

that service is for "net send" command. won't have any effect on msn and windows messengers....

they can be disabled via registry

as a matter of fact i don't understand how u posted this, are u awake?

;Disable Messenger Service (to stop spam. Does not affect MSN or Windows Messenger)

Thanks, Mac!

What can we do to a stupid man!

It was completely wrong. I deleted it.

It worked for me that way just because my browser was set to work offline. An unexpected behaviour!

Thank you again for correcting this.

• 2 weeks later...

ACDSee PowerPack 6.02 - File Associations

When I posted ACDSee example, I thought only of how to make it install silently, be self-registered, with no switches and no desktop shortcuts.

Now, I'm going to explain, in detail, how to associate files with ACDSee.

For users who need more information on File Associations, formats which ACDSee can read (display), formats which it can write (edit), please consider reading the help topic found at: ACDSee 6.0 --> Help --> Contents --> Appendices --> Supported file formats --> Supported file formats

However, these formats can be associated with ACDSee:

Image formats:

pcd pic pict pct pix plp pbm pgm ppm psp xbm xpm bmp dib rle jpg jpeg jpe jif jfif pcx dcx png tga tif tiff xif gif wmf emf iff lbm ilbm psd ras rsb sgi rgb rgba bw int inta ttf ttc djv djvu iw4 icn ico cur ani icl kdc fpx mag

Audio & Video formats:

aif aifc aiff au swa gsm m1a m2a m3u  mid mp2 mp3 mp4 mpa snd wav cdda avi mpeg mpg mpv m15 m1v m75 mov vfw qcp qt qtpf sd2 sfil smf smi smil sml ulw swf cel dif dv flc fli kar pics

Archive formats:

cab sef lzh lha mim mme b64 tar gz z tgz taz bz2 tbz uue zip ace arj rar

For some reason, formats must be imported to the Registry in hexadecimal values.

When ACDSee is imported to WinINSTALL, the value "FileAssociations" is found at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\ShellInt

If you click the key "ShellInt", you'll find this in the right part of the window:

Value=FileAssociations

Type=REG_BINARY

Data=0

To associate ACDSee with certain formats, we need to replace the zero with hexadecimal values of those formats. We have two alternatives for preparing the hexadecimal values.

1. ready-made values

Open ACDSee, then go to: Tools --> File Associations. "ACDSee6 Shell Integration" dialog box appears.

Under "Image Files" tab, select the file types to be associated with ACDSee. File types under this tab include image, audio, and video formats that are supported by ACDSee.

Under "Archives" tab, select the file types to be associated with ACDSee. LHA, LZH, and ZIP formats can be displayed and edited by ACDSee; the rest can be only displayed.

Under "Other Files" tab, there might be other formats. If you happened to open some files with ACDSee, that aren't mentioned under the other two tabs, you might find them here. However, you should select those formats that worked fine with ACDSee, of course.

So far, we've selected formats that we'd like to associate with ACDSee. We can press "OK" to have those assoiciations recorded in the Registry. But, I'd rather settle some other issues from here.

You can check the box "Verify these file associations when starting ACDSee6". Because, if you install certain programs after installing ACDSee, some formats might no longer open with ACDSee. So, you are reminded.

Under "Context Menu", you'd better select "View with ACDSee" and "Print with ACDSee" for image files. For archive files, select "Browse with ACDSee", only if you selected some formats under "Archives" tab. For folders, it's not useful to select "Browse with ACDSee".

Now, press "Ok" for "ACDSee6 Shell Integration" dialog box to close. Close ACDSee.

Open Registry Editor (Start->Run->regedit->Enter). Expand this tree:

Right-click "ShellInt", then choose "Export". Save the reg file on your desktop, and give it any name; "ShellInt.reg" for example.

Open "ShellInt.reg". Under the first key, you should see hexadecimal values for the formats you've selected. They look like these:

64,6a,76,00,64,6a,76,75,00,69,77,34,00,66,70,78,00,69,\

63,6e,00,69,63,6f,00,63,75,72,00,61,6e,69,00,69,63,6c,00....

Now, delete all characters inside "ShellInt.reg" except hexadecimal ones. Within hexadecimal values, delete all examples of these characters: ",", "\", and " ". So, the resulting hexadecimal string won't include commas, back-slashes, nor spaces at any place.

Also, notice that there are two zeros at the end of each format, and two zeros at the end of the string. Save changes you've made to the reg file (File->Save). Copy the whole hexadecimal string.

Open WinINSTALL, import ACDSee, if it's not already imported. Highlight the Title "Registry", then expand this tree:

On the right part of the window, there should be the value "FileAssociations". Right-click "FileAssociations", then choose "Properties...". In the "Binary Editor" box, paste your hexadecimal string. There might be a pasting problem if your string is too long. If this is the case, then paste the string in pieces; four or five pieces are good enough.

Now, right-click "ShellInt", then add a new key "ArchiveVerbs". Right-click "ArchiveVerbs", then add this new value:

Value=ACDBrowse

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0 (if no archive formats were selected)

Data=1 (if some archive formats were selected)

Again, right-click "ShellInt", then add a new key "FolderVerbs". Right-click "FolderVerbs", then add this new value:

Value=ACDBrowse

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0

Once more, right-click "ShellInt", then add a new key "ImageVerbs". Right-click "ImageVerbs", then add these new values:

Value=ACDPrint

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=1

Value=ACDView

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=1

Expand tree: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems

Right-click "ACD Systems", then add a new key "ACDSee". Right-click "ACDSee", then add a new key "60". Right-click "60", then add this new value:

Value=VerifyFileAssocs

Type=REG_DWORD

Data=0 (if you don't want to Verify file associations when starting ACDSee)

Data=1 (if you want to Verify file associations when starting ACDSee)

Note: If you can't control the struggle among apps for file types, then I suggest setting Data=1. So, when you open ACDSee after installation, it would ask your confirmation to re-associate some file types that might have gone to other apps.

2. hand-made values

These are the ANSI text characters you may need, along with their hexadecimal values:

0 30

1 31

2 32

3 33

4 34

5 35

6 36

7 37

8 38

9 39

a 61

b 62

c 63

d 64

e 65

f 66

g 67

h 68

i 69

j 6a

k 6b

l 6c

m 6d

n 6e

o 6f

p 70

q 71

r 72

s 73

t 74

u 75

v 76

w 77

y 79

z 7a

Therefore, if you want to associate formats in red, for example, with ACDSee; then you should type this string:

626d70006a70656700706e67006d6f760073776600746172006163650000

Double zero should be typed at the end of each format, and double zero at the end of the string.

mazin - Using your step-by-step instructions, I now have a perfectly working unattended install of Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0. How do I silently install or slipstream the 6.01 update??

Thanks.

Edit - Got it! The following command works:

start /wait msiexec.exe /p Ac60PrP1.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb

Now, how about the AtmoPlayer add-in? I can't find anything that works.

Edit - Got it!  The following command works:

start /wait msiexec.exe /p Ac60PrP1.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb

Im using:

start /wait msiexec.exe /p %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AcroPro6\Ac60PrP1.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb

ERROR

test.jpg

what is wrong with it?

help

Djus :)

I'm afraid that applying the update needs the itw file! Is this correct, Frank_Sechrist?

why the *.itw file the Acrobat6pro is allready installed?, and the update is just one *.exe file?

by the way there is only a *.itw file for Acrobat Reader not for A.A.6Pro.

I extracted the exe, deleted the two files "MSPLauncher.exe" and "defaultMSP.ini", then used "Ac60PrP1.msp" only to install the update.

I used the same switch:

start /wait msiexec.exe /p %systemdrive%\Install\AcroPro6\Ac60PrP1.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL /qb

It ran successfully, but asked for reboot at the end. But I should say that Acrobat was installed just five minutes before installing the update and without being used.

By the way, I used the modified package, you know.