Just joined

lgriffith

I am an old timer in the computer programming arena - since 1965.  Needless to say, I have used just about every computer archetecture, os, and programming language since before the big iron mainframes of the mid 1960's.  However, my current focus is on making Windows 10 a viable desktop environment to be able to continue to develop and sell an application software system I first started working on in 1981.  For that, I really do need an honest to god desktop environment and not the crippled one that Windows 10 seems destined to become.

My software has been tested, excepting some special device drivers, and runs on XP up to and including Windows 10.  However, the development environment suffers greatly the closer you get to Windows 10.  I find Windows 7 more than adequate.  However, each new system I sell requires a new computer and a currently authorized by Microsoft Windows OS.  XP is dead, 7 is on death row, 8 is  also dead, and 8.1 will be on death row as soon as Windows 10 issuess to the market place.  Hence, to stay in buisness, I must find a way to make Windows 10 acceptable to be used for development and for delivery to customers.  Most of whom know and love XP and or 7 as in " Windows 8 my computer".

Clearly, my problem is not that I resist learning anything new because I have done little else than learn the latest new thing for my entire professional carreer as a Software Engineer.  I simply require that my tools match the problems I must solve rather than having my tools dictate the problems I can solve.  I live at the intesection of Can and Must!  That intersection is a long way away from Microsoft's current Windows fantisy land.