Im new to windows 2000

Winman486

Hi guys im new to windows 2000! :yes: And I have used Windows 98,95 Nt4 ME 3.1,3.11,3.11 for workgroups and Dos 6.22 and Windows Neptune and Windows xp and Windows7 Windows 8 Windows 10. So I have used a lot of versions but I installed w2k on a Pentuim4 and fell in love :yes:. I have installed SP5 and UUrollup won't work. But I am wondering if I need anything els. Because I will start using Windows 2000 even more.

Thanks,

Winman486

Tomasz86_Explaination_for_Installing_Uno

Getting your head around the unofficial updates for Windows 2000 can be difficult. Above is a rough guide to unofficially updating a Windows 2000 Professional installation, from Tomasz86 on his website, http://www.windows2000.tk. You can find everything mentioned in the comment above in Tomasz86's download archive, which is a Google drive account linked from his website.

A user of the unofficial Windows 2000 updates has been working on a guide to help people understand what everything is and what order it should be installed in, which should be ready at some point in the near future.

Edited by MrMaguire

Welcome to the world of Windows 2000! You're in for one of the greatest rides of your life!

Here's what I'd do. Grab tomasz86's HF_SLIP compilation off his website (found via www.windows2000.tk) and copy your installation source to the source folder of HF_SLIP and run the program. I won't explain now how to use it as it is quite straightforward but I'm sure someone can answer your questions or when I'm fully around later, I can too. But then after HF_SLIP stops running, then I use nLite to make a new disk with the new installation files. You still won't have a completely up-to-date system, but pretty dang close. If I recall correctly, the very newest UURollup packages won't install unless you have an older one installed first, like maybe UURollup v10. Seems to me I ran into problems going from vanilla to UURollup v11 but that was eons ago and I don't remember what the problem was. :whistle:

Welcome to the world of Windows 2000! You're in for one of the greatest rides of your life!

Here's what I'd do. Grab tomasz86's HF_SLIP compilation off his website...

Yeah, I love that package, as it already includes w2ksp51, Update Rollup 2, and Unofficial Update Rollup v11-w20130323.  Simply install the OS, then run the latest UUR daily and the latest .net frameworks (both from November 2014), and you are indeed ready to ride.

I've never had a problem installing the very newest versions of Unofficial Update Rollup without the older versions installed first, then again I've only been using the unofficial Windows 2000 updates for about a year.

In other news, windows2000.tk seems to be unavailable at the moment.

Edited by MrMaguire