Windows 8.1 ISO Disk Labels

chrisbraines

Hi all

In Windows 7 there used to be ISO disk labels inside the ISO's to identify the various versions of

Windows 7 here are some examples

(GRMCHPXFREO_EN_DVD)     for   Windows 7 with SP1  Home Premium  RTM    OEM    x64 English

(GRMCPRXFREO_EN_DVD)     for   Windows 7 with SP1  Professional  RTM    OEM    x64 English

(GRMCULXFREO_EN_DVD)     for    Windows 7 with SP1  Ultimate RTM  OEM   x64 English

(GRMCENXVOL_EN_DVD)       for    Windows 7 with SP1  ENTERPRISE  RTM  Volume license  OEM   x64 English

Can any one help me out regarding the equivalent in Windows 8.1 in particular I am after the following

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM OEM 64k English US or UK   with no updates

Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM OEM 64k English US or UK    with no updates

In windows 8.1 Enterprise I think it mite be this  IL3_CPRA_X64FRED_EN-US_DV5  but I am not sure on

this. I am sure that this question has been answered here in these Forums before but I can not seem to find it

so please forgive me if it has already been answered

Many thanks

Chris Braines

Can you provide the EULAID's (e.g. "EULAID:WinBlue_R8_1_etcetc")?

Only thing I can find is it should begin with "IR1_" something-something...

Many thanks for the quick response

I have done a bit more searching and I am fearly confident that this is wright for Windows 8.1 Pro VL   (IR1_CPRA_X64FREV_EN-US_DV5)

Unfortunately I do not have MSDN or Technet subscription so I can not confirm it from there either.

What are you getting at anyway? Why would you need to know the Volume Label?

Here's what you need to know for your PC -

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/

Enterprise is *strictly* (AFAIK) for Businesses and require a KMS/MAK Server to "activate". Professional is comes as OEM and Retail. Retail you just enter the Supplied Key (no SLP) - OEM requires the Key to be in the BIOS (SLP). Whether you can enter the BIOS Key using an MSDN or Retail, I have no clue. :( In either case, it still will (AFAIK) "phone home" to ensure you're Genuine.

HTH

edit - Google

"windows 8.1" editions
and see what's going on with the differences between all of them. Edited by submix8c

• 7 years later...