New desktop, and Microsoft account

mike13

I just downloaded and installed build 9926.  All went well, I thought. When the computer boots up, the desktop now says. Welcome to the Windows Insider Program. Check out the Insider Hub. It also gives the time and date. If I click the mouse, it then goes to MY desktop. Question #1..Can I get the computer to boot right to MY desktop ? 

At the end of the installation it asked me for my Microsoft Account number, which I typed in. Now after it boots up, I need to enter that Account number to get into Windows 10. I looked in SETTINGS, SIGN IN OPTIONS, CHANGE PASSWORD, etc. but it seems all I can do is just CHANGE the password. I do not want to CHANGE my Microsoft Account password. so, Question #2. How can I get around having to type in that password all the time. There was a way to do it in Windows 8, but I forgot. Thanks, Mike

MagicAndre1981---Thanks for the reply. Concerning the first question.  I did as you said, right click on desktop, personalize, change desktop settings.

At the top there were five items. Computer, User Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.  Computer and Recycle Bin were already checked.  

Lower down in another box I saw, This PC, Mike, Network, and Recycle bin. At the bottom of the page I saw.   Allow themes to change desktop icons. There was a check in the box in front of this statement.   What should I change ??  Thanks, Mike

At the end of the installation it asked me for my Microsoft Account number, which I typed in. Now after it boots up, I need to enter that Account number to get into Windows 10. I looked in SETTINGS, SIGN IN OPTIONS, CHANGE PASSWORD, etc. but it seems all I can do is just CHANGE the password. I do not want to CHANGE my Microsoft Account password. so, Question #2. How can I get around having to type in that password all the time. There was a way to do it in Windows 8, but I forgot. Thanks, Mike

One way to avoid having to type in a password at bootup - and I'm not sure it works with a Microsoft account because I do not use one - is to run the system tool NETPLWIZ and uncheck the [ ] Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box.  I do this for my Win 10 test system, set to use a local account, and it comes right up to the desktop.

-Noel

Thanks guys for the replies. That "Welcome to the Insiders screen" in now gone, and I do not have to enter a password. However right before it loads the desktop, where I used to see one image, the welcome and my email address etc, I now get two images ?? Not a big deal. I think maybe that AUTOLOGIN caused it, but I can't find it anywhere to delete it. Probably a registry entry. Thanks again, Mike 

That double user avatar thing has been around since the first Win 10 TP release.  I've submitted feedback on it as have many others.  You can safely ignore it, though like you I hope they fix it before the first actual release.

-Noel

... I've submitted feedback on it as have many others.  You can safely ignore it,...

Just like the good MS guys are ignoring - maybe not safely :unsure: - but surely and completely each and every bug report and feedback (unless they already fit in their agenda, of course ;)).

:lol:

jaclaz

No problem.

In agreement with jaclaz, it's likely Microsoft doesn't think that anything other than logging into the cloud with a Microsoft account needs to be worried about.

-Noel

Yep, and by having bug reports and feedback sent to the cloud, they can shred them directly (actually vaporize them :w00t:) as they are "virtual" complains/ideas  and "virtual" bug reports, not really existing in their altered perception reality. :no:

Moreover - notwithstanding how convenient and fast the cloud is - they belong already to the past,  while they are looking at now:

your-are-looking-at-now.jpg

:lol:

jaclaz