Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

gotenks98

Need Silent Install for Java 8

Glad you got it working, why don't you share the switches you used so it may also help out the next reader.

~DP

switch is: /s

And, for its msi, first run the main installer (downloaded from the java website), then go to C:\Users\{user}\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre_{version}, and you sill find the msi with its Data.cab there. :) 

Cheers.

This is what I have and it seems to work with our applications to silently install Java and allow things to run. 

"%wpipath%\Install\Java\jre1.8.0_45_.msi" TRANSFORMS = "%wpipath%\Install\Java\Java8u45.mst"

{FILECOPY} "%wpipath%\Install\Java\deployment.config" "C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment"

{FILECOPY} "%wpipath%\Install\Java\deployment.properties" "C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment"

{FILECOPY} "%wpipath%\Install\Java\exception.sites" "C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment"

I duplicate above for the 32bit version of Java and have a Java 64bit and Java32bit application to install. 

My deployment.config file contains the following lines and was created using Notepad:

####################

deployment.system.config = file\:\C\:/Windows/Sun/Java/Deployment/deployment.properties

deployment.system.config.mandatory = TRUE

####################

My deployment.properties file contains the following lines and was created using Notepad:

####################

deployment.security.level=HIGH

deployment.browser.path=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

deployment.user.security.exception.sites=C\:/Windows/Sun/Java/Deployment/exception.sites

deployment.security.SSLv2Hello=TRUE
 deployment.user.security.exception.sites.locked

deployment.security.level.locked

####################

my exception.sites file contains a list of the sites I needed added to the Site Exceptions per user in the Java Control Panel

https://somewebsites.com/

https://someotherwebsite.net/

https://www.anotherone.com/

The .MST was created using Orca which is in the Windows SDK

Edit the .msi with Orca

-       New Transform

-       Property

o   CHANGE:

§  AUTOUPDATECHECK = 0

§  Add row: IEXPLORER = 1

§  JAVAUPDATE = 0

§  Add row: JU = 0

§  RebootYesNo=No

§  Add row: REBOOT = R

§  Add row: SYSTRAY=0

§  Add row: WEB_JAVA=1

§  Add row: WEB_JAVA_SECURITY_LEVEL=H

-       Generate Transform

So that's how I did it, and it's working! Good Luck

Here is the switch for a newer Jave 8:

jre-8u121-windows-i586.exe  /s INSTALL_SILENT=1 STATIC=1 AUTO_UPDATE=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 REBOOT=0 NOSTARTMENU=1 SPONSORS=0 /L C:\Windows\Temp\Install_SDC_Oracle_JavaRE_1.8.1.21_01.00_EN_x64.log

Just replace the build nr. and see if it works for you.

Found this here: http://www.itninja.com/software/oracle/java-8/8-update-66

Edited by UtCollector