Themes for Windows 10

xXiNightXx

@Andre Truly. as soon as I can see a win7 theme for win10 everything gets better

Sagorpirbd has made a true looking Windows 7 theme for Windows 10 th2 (November Update IOW) (among an XP Theme, Vista Theme, Longhorn Aero Theme, Vista Beta theme, 8 theme and 8.1 theme) which can be downloaded at: http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Windows-10-523979941which you may like...

Aero Frost...  Very nice.  I especially like the control treatment (e.g., the scrollbar thumb has depth and is easily recognized by the three little lines).

Is there any evidence Microsoft is settling down with something that won't change all the rules of re-theming every 4 months?

-Noel

That IS very nice indeed. :thumbup  And like NoelC, I especially like the 3D scrollbar. I run Win10 on a laptop with no mouse, and not only is the "modern" scrollbar hard to pinpoint visually, it has a nasty tendency to disappear on me such that I have to keep wiggling my finger on the touchpad to make it show up again. :angry:

All that said, what folks like me need most now is a detailed, foolproof set of inch-by-inch, soup-to-nuts instructions for installing these themes including Aero Glass. A few weeks ago I happened to run into the instructions that @feren CEO quotes a few posts above -- and they didn't work for me. No doubt I did something wrong, but that highlights the usefulness of providing complete "click here and select that there" directions. Of course as NoelC alluded to, it doesn't help matters that Microsoft  keeps changing the rules. Therefore a Sticky thread providing up-to-date directions for installation might come in handy.

--JorgeA

That IS very nice indeed. :thumbup  And like NoelC, I especially like the 3D scrollbar. I run Win10 on a laptop with no mouse, and not only is the "modern" scrollbar hard to pinpoint visually, it has a nasty tendency to disappear on me such that I have to keep wiggling my finger on the touchpad to make it show up again. :angry:

All that said, what folks like me need most now is a detailed, foolproof set of inch-by-inch, soup-to-nuts instructions for installing these themes including Aero Glass. A few weeks ago I happened to run into the instructions that @feren CEO quotes a few posts above -- and they didn't work for me. No doubt I did something wrong, but that highlights the usefulness of providing complete "click here and select that there" directions. Of course as NoelC alluded to, it doesn't help matters that Microsoft  keeps changing the rules. Therefore a Sticky thread providing up-to-date directions for installation might come in handy.

--JorgeA

Well if you have any experience with themes it is very simple on Rs1, just install Uxstyle or Theme Signature Bypass by Big Muscle, themes go in the Theme folder as usual, if you want the same results as in my preview there are some extra things you will need though, mainly OldNewExplorer and StartIsBack by Tihiy and if you want the Aero then you will need Aero Glass by Big Muscle.

As for MS changing things and breaking it all again, there is a pretty good chance, could be the next release preview, could be the whatever comes after Redstone 1, your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by MrGRiM

so theme patching got easier again on RS1 (whatever that means)

because in "stable" 1511 UxStyle alone wasnt enough I also had to replace 3 files somewhere in my win folder

so theme patching got easier again on RS1 (whatever that means)

because in "stable" 1511 UxStyle alone wasnt enough I also had to replace 3 files somewhere in my win folder

Windows 10 Redstone 1 build 11082, no you don't need to patch any system files in the latest build, Uxstyle patches the files in memory and works fine.

Windows 10 Rs1 build 11082 is completely stable for me, better then Th2 I think.

well for now I let my w10 be in stable because updating this thing which I boot even less than once a month (old insider and MS gave me the license to also use it in stable, so why not) is already a pain in stable and when I need to make sure my mod collection (aero glass, win7 theme and more) stop working after each new build, no thanks.