Outlook 2010 and Imap

bookie32

Hi folks!

OK! not sure what I did last time I added my gmail account to Outlook 2010 on Windows 7

I know that the imap directory isn't associated with the "Outlook files" in my documents - but I had two .pst files...one in "my documents" and one in "AppData\local" it might be that I originally added the account as pop3 and then changed my mind and used imap....just can't remember...lol

Let me explain...lol I  use Outlook calandar and was wondering where those files get saved....in the "AppDator\local" or in "Outlook files" in my documents.

I have a lot of info stored in the calandar and don't want to lose it.

If all info gets stored in the imap directory "AppData\ - is there a way to add this info prior to starting Outlook for the first time?

If I am not making sense please say...wouldn't be the first time...lol

bookie32

Hi jaclaz!

Yes, I understand...

But I was under the impression that the .pst file usually is saved in "outlook files" in my documents and you can connect to that .pst when reinstalling etc...thereby reducing the need for a traditional backup.

Just need to know if that is the same with .pst imap...

bookie32

Hi again!

OK! I can add the imap .pst file for extra info in case I have old mails that I might have accidentally removed - but not link it to imap current.

I see that I can add ForcePSTPath to move the actual location which is nice...my user account is on the E: drive so it is nice to create an IMAP directory there and have a little easier access to imap....;)

My calendar is in  the .pst file that was in Outlook files, so that is sorted.

Just have to see if the old memory holds up...lol

bookie32