High DPC on a fresh installation of W8.1

CanzonE

Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm out of options...

I'm having major issues with the DPC on my computer.

8207d1402065103t-high-dpc-on-a-fresh-ins

Before and after I installed any programs on w8.1 i have been having audio drops and cutouts, I have tried:
* Installing the newest sound drivers
* Resetting the BIOS configurations
* Installing the newest Motherboard drivers from Intel
* Installing newest drivers from Nvidia
* Cleaning my computer from dust as well as cleaning the RAM and graphics card contacts
* Discharging my speakers of current

The problem still persists after all that. I checked using xperf and found that the "culprit" is ntoskrnl.exe (at least I think that is what it says...)

I'm running on a pretty old customized computer:
Motherboard: GigaByte G41M-Combo Ver 2.0
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
Display card: Nvidia Geforce 630 GT 1GB
RAM: 8GB
My sound card is in my Motherboard.

I'm adding the .etl file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pejj430ks5ymx0f/CPU.etl

Thanks in advanced :)

Have you read this on the DPC latency site?

Windows 8 Compatibility: The DPC latency utility runs on Windows 8 but does not show correct values. The output suggests that the Windows 8 kernel performs badly and introduces a constant latency of one millisecond, which is not the case in practice. DPCs in the Windows 8 kernel behave identical to Windows 7. The utility produces incorrect results because the implementation of kernel timers has changed in Windows 8, which causes a side effect with the measuring algorithm used by the utility. Thesycon is working on a new version of the DPC latency utility and will make it available on this site as soon as it is finished.

Try this Script then reboot.

:: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1655607/optimize-dpc-latency-windows.html:: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff542202(v=vs.85).aspx@Echo Off&color 1e&mode con:cols=60 lines=6setlocalcls:: NOTE: You Must Run This Script "As Administrator" to prevent access denied errors!:: Admin Checkerreg query "hku\S-1-5-19" >nul 2>&1 && (goto admin) || (::nonadmincls@color f9mode con: cols=80 lines=4title, RIGHT-CLICK AND RUNAS ADMINISTRATOR!echo Running as Non-Administrator!..Right-click this file and run as Administrator!echo.echo == Press any [KEY] to Start Over ==&pause>nulGOTO end):admincls:: Deferred Procedure Call Fix..BCDEDIT /SET DISABLEDYNAMICTICK YesEcho:Timeout /t 4 /nobreak>nul:endexit:: rev. 06.07.14 ~DosProbie

~DP  :whistle:

Edited by DosProbie

Have you read this on the DPC latency site?

Windows 8 Compatibility: The DPC latency utility runs on Windows 8 but does not show correct values. The output suggests that the Windows 8 kernel performs badly and introduces a constant latency of one millisecond, which is not the case in practice. DPCs in the Windows 8 kernel behave identical to Windows 7. The utility produces incorrect results because the implementation of kernel timers has changed in Windows 8, which causes a side effect with the measuring algorithm used by the utility. Thesycon is working on a new version of the DPC latency utility and will make it available on this site as soon as it is finished.

I know there are some incomatabilities, but the fact is the sound on my computer is lagging and crackling.

Try this Script then reboot.

:: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1655607/optimize-dpc-latency-windows.html:: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff542202(v=vs.85).aspx@Echo Off&color 1e&mode con:cols=60 lines=6setlocalcls:: NOTE: You Must Run This Script "As Administrator" to prevent access denied errors!:: Admin Checkerreg query "hku\S-1-5-19" >nul 2>&1 && (goto admin) || (::nonadmincls@color f9mode con: cols=80 lines=4title, RIGHT-CLICK AND RUNAS ADMINISTRATOR!echo Running as Non-Administrator!..Right-click this file and run as Administrator!echo.echo == Press any [KEY] to Start Over ==&pause>nulGOTO end):admincls:: Deferred Procedure Call Fix..BCDEDIT /SET DISABLEDYNAMICTICK YesEcho:Timeout /t 4 /nobreak>nul:endexit:: rev. 06.07.14 ~DosProbie

Trying this right now :)

After running my above script this is what I get with 8.1 x64.

DPC_Screen_Shot8_1.png

Unfortunatley, the problem is still there:

post-393984-0-48303600-1402139552_thumb.

It did indeed look like what you posted up until I opened up my music folder

Edited by CanzonE

The downloader Installer for DPC is malware so be careful!

Installs hijacker BHO crap, rqpbhevlkc64.exe in Program Files\004 in services, coupon downloader, Greener Web etc.

I extracted just the .exe from my temp folder which runs clean if anyone wants it..

BHO_Toolbar_Crap.png

The downloader Installer for DPC is malware so be careful!
Installs hijacker BHO crap, rqpbhevlkc64.exe in Program Files\004 in services, coupon downloader, Greener Web etc.
I extracted just the .exe from my temp folder which runs clean if anyone wants it..

BHO_Toolbar_Crap.png

Umm, I don't get what this has to do with my problem, can you please elaborate?

The DPC Latency Checker is incompatible with Windows 8, as mentioned.  You simply can't trust what you're seeing from it.  I wouldn't advise using it.  Way back when, they had said they'd try to make it compatible, but I guess that never came to anything.  And as DP mentioned above, you can even end up contracting malware through the download process.  I guess it's a tool whose time came and went.

Andre is a real expert on timing issues.  I imagine that if updating/removing NOD32 doesn't fix the issue, he'll ask you to run some performance traces.  Listen to what he says.

-Noel

Update NOD32 to the latest version and also try to set the power plan to high performance. Does this improve it?

post-393984-0-84444600-1402157279_thumb.

You, sir, are a genius O_O

Thank you sooo much!