Popcap, Bejeweled and ad free rip off.

I bought the $2.99 "Ad-free" version of bejeweled on my phone and was still seeing occasional ads.

After a handful of emails this is the last response I received from them:

Hello from PopCap,

I am sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for getting back to me. All version of the Bejeweled game have one banner when the game first launches for a PopCap/EA title. This can be bypassed by tapping on the 'X' in the upper corner. All 3rd party ads between levels and menus that exist in the free version of the game are removed on purchase.

If you are still seeing 3rd party ads in the game, please write back and let me know!

Does anyone have any idea who I can go to about this?

It is not ad free as was advertised. God knows how many thousands of $3 they have collected on this false promise.

Update I found and filed a ripoff report.

So that's the only one I have found so far.

I'm really tired of shilling like this though I want to take it further.

I feel your pain. I wish there was an app that would remove in game adds like adblock, but sadly there is not.

Originally, I did not mind seeing advertisements. What really started to get me was advertisements that delay me trying to see/read/play whatever it is I want to do. Commercials before every video ever, paywalls, all that stuff is horrible.

The worst offenders are those ads I see on my phone (especially in the weather app) that look like actual phone notifications. One is where it says the battery is low. I know it is an ad and wouldn't press on it, but I am sure plenty of people are hitting it.