Burning APE, FLAC files using ImgBurn Not Working

ZortMcGort11

*Problem Solved*

All I needed to do was download this:

http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/oggdsf/oggcodecs_0.73.1936.exe

^DirectShow Filter for Ogg and Flac. Now, my Windows Media Player 9 can support .flac and .ogg playback. It's pretty cool actually :-)

Once that DirectoShow filter was installed, ImgBurn now can recognize and decode .flac files without any problem. I'm listening to a CD of .flac songs as I type this.

Well no. :w00t:

I mean :) you originally posted about an issue with a .ape file, not about issues with .flac or .ogg :unsure:

Does that download also "cover" .ape files?

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Well, I have the ape Filter, but haven't gotten around to testing it yet... I'll get back to you on that. But originally, I did mean both .Flac and .ape files wouldn't burn. See the title of this topic :-)

All of this DirectShow stuff is needlessly complicated. I emailed the author of Tiny Player, and he was kind enough to point me to the correct filter for Win9x support. Just browsing the xiph.org website, I had no idea what I was supposed to download... it's all a bunch of unexplained gibberish over there.

post-360209-0-01392700-1394569516_thumb.

Edited by LostInSpace2012

Well, I have the ape Filter, but haven't gotten around to testing it yet... I'll get back to you on that. But originally, I did mean both .Flac and .ape files wouldn't burn. See the title of this topic :-)

All of this DirectShow stuff is needlessly complicated. I emailed the author of Tiny Player, and he was kind enough to point me to the correct filter for Win9x support. Just browsing the xiph.org website, I had no idea what I was supposed to download... it's all a bunch of unexplained gibberish over there.

Wait until you enter the field of video encoders/decoders/players/codec, the real "fun" is there. :ph34r: (I left it from desperation, judging that the time invested in understanding which §@ç#ing codec was inside which stupid "codec pack" - BTW often with malware included - etc. not worth the time needed, got VLC and lived happily since ;)).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz