Older CCleaner Portable Versions Available

Monroe

I have been looking for some older CCleaner Portable versions to try out on Windows XP ... I have searched the last few months and just couldn't seem to find any older versions. I am thinking maybe some of the older versions "might" run better on XP before all the Windows 7 and 8 add ons. Perhaps there would be no difference in the latest version compared to an older version with XP ... just curious.

I found a site that seems to have all the older CCleaner Portable versions up to the latest. All the versions seem to have been added on 23 Jan 2014... if you click on the Info tab, so it's been less than a month for them to all be available in one place ... if you had been looking for some older portable versions for XP, 2000 or any other OS ... enjoy!

CCleaner (portable) v3.05.1408

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/system_cleanup/ccleaner_portable.cfm/v3_05_1408#tab1

Click on the "All Versions" tab for the list.

All Versions

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/system_cleanup/ccleaner_portable.cfm/v3_05_1408#all_versions

Added: So far with two older versions that I have tried against the latest version, I don't really notice much difference in the speed they all operate at. Just a difference in download size of course, in MBs from older to newer.

Edited by duffy98

I hope you're using winapp2.ini otherwise you're missing out. And when you're using it, suddenly the "slowness" of CCleaner doesn't matter anymore because it's much slower (but well worth it!), unless you trim winapp2.ini tailored to your speciffic configuration...

Hope that made some sense. :whistle:

GL

GrofLuigi ... thanks for the reply, no it didn't make sense to me but that's usually the case with me ... sometimes I have to read something over a few times (or many times) to make some sense of it or hunt up more information.

So Winapp2.com is an add on ... never heard of it. This sounds very much like a program I found last week as an "add on" for CCleaner ... It slowed CCleaner up quite a bit but I didn't take time to tailor it or work with it very much. I decided not to use it for now until I have more time for all that.

CCEnhancer v3.8

http://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/

08/26/2013

Windows XP/Vista/7/8

172 KB - Freeware

CCEnhancer is a small tool which adds support for over 1,000 new programs into the popular program CCleaner. The tool uses the winapp2.ini system built into CCleaner to easily add new rules and definitions for programs. The rules were sourced mainly from the Piriform Support Forum, with several sourced from other places around the internet.

Instructions:

The actual file containing the definitions is not included with the program, but is instead downloaded by the program. Simply press ‘Download Latest’ and the tool will automatically download the most recent version of the definitions. If CCEnhancer cannot locate the CCleaner.exe file you can open a dialog box and select the page yourself.

Edited by duffy98