Create a task to run after desktop is loaded

Ulaiphur

Happy holidays to all members!

I want to create a task in Task Scheduler that will allow me to start a program after windows is fully loaded (everything, including desktop).

Right now I am using At Log on as the event but the application starts before the desktop ie. I am seeing the application immediately after the wallpaper is shown.

I want to load after windows fully loads and not before.

How can this be done?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You can put in a generic waiting process or have it wait until a certain process exists. For example, if one of the last processes that loads at boot is Trillian, you can have your app wait until trillian.exe process exists before executing. It looks like Task Scheduler already supports these types of advanced options with what is called triggers:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748841.aspx

You can even have it wait for a certain event to be logged.

I was thinking about using events but none of them specify when the desktop is fully loaded.

You can put in a generic waiting process or have it wait until a certain process exists.

I already did that today. It works but it is not a very clean approach; not native if you will.

Thanks for your help.

@echo off:: Start-Up set source="C:\Windows\System32\run\TaskScheduler.cmd" reg add "hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run" /v "Start-Up" /t REG_SZ /d "%source%" /f >nul

Or you can run it One Time with variables like so..DP :sneaky:

note: used /f switch to force overwrite if data already exsists

@echo offSet "Key_=hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runonce"Set "Val_=/v Start-Up" Set "Src_=\"C:\Windows\System32\Run\TaskScheduler.cmd\""Reg Add %Key_% %Val_% /d %Src_% /f >nul
Edited by DosProbie