'\CDROM_SP.TST' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

'\CDROMSP2.TST' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

'\CDROMSP3.TST' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

'\CDROMSP4.TST' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

anybody seen this before and How do I correct it.. Standing by for answers. Please..

Thanks.

I hope this help.. I don't see any mention or error in the log. but then again. I not know exactly what I am looking at... anyhow, it comes up right after copying files

Deleted log file. will attach later..

post-87-1080090680_thumb.jpg

I suspect a problem in your XP source files.

Please use the attached XPCREATE.CMD file, and attach (not post) your log file. For those interested, there is no functional differences between this version, and the downloadable version. This version has XPCREATE Spies, to find user errors ...

(Attachment removed)

Try using an ORIGINAL XP CD. You know, the ones with the little hologram on it ... Not a copy, not an OEM version, but an ORIGINAL XP CD. If the file PRODSPEC.INI cannot be found, there is a problem with the source files. If the CD has an $OEM$ directory ... who knows what may happen. (It does.)

@mrclasik: Try making yourself a directory on your hard drive called something like "XPSP1CD". Copy the contents of your cd there (minus the $OEM$ directory on the cd). Then change the XPCREATE.INI to point to the new location on your hard drive as the source for the files.

Perhaps you'll have better luck that way.

It looks like its not even finding the xource cd. Maybe the ini file is pointing to the worng place alltogether. In his screenshot and the posted log file, the copy cd section lasts 2 seconds. I really wish my cd would copy that fast(hehe). i think you are correct about modifying the xpcreate.ini file AirMaleDWF, but not necesarily to the hard drive.

Blyster

You fellahs keep that up, I'm afraid I might have to split the profits! I agree, 2 second CD copies are a little suspicious. However, the log indicates XPSOURCE = F:, and the listing of DIR F: shows the CD volume label and contents. Yet the files are not copied to CDROOT, and thus PRODSPEC.INI is never found.

Odd ... I'm going to post that same file again, and if someone else could test it, that may help. No need to go any further than the "Source Found" log messages.

(Attachment removed)

I have tried all of that. I copied the contents to my HD, I put the %OEM% folder in the correct folder of XPCREATE, and still the same thing.. As for what you are saying blyster.. I can see that XPCreate see the contents of the disc because it has the contents listed in the log file..I wish you were right.. That would be to easy. It seems that It can't find this one file which is the prodspec.ini. But It is there. I will try something a little different when I get home this evening.. Will let you folks know how it goes... Thanks to all trying to help..

Oh, sorry Green, I will post the log from my retail ver. this evening.. I got the same error.. But (there is always a but). I just tried it here at work and it started copying.. I am now copying the files that I have here to a usb hard drive.. I will test it when I get home... I have a feeling it's something funny with my Comp at home..

Blyster is correct: there is a problem copying your source files. Yes, they show up on the F Drive, where you have your XP CD. What we need to find out is why it appears that none of these files are copied to the CDROOT directory, XPCREATE "working" directory.

Someone else got 5 minutes to run that XPCREATE.CMD I posted, and see if it does copy files to CDROOT?

I have a theory, becasue it's funny that it works here and not at home. I think there may be something wrong with the folder structure at my home computer. I don't know exactly what folders are supposed to be in the xpcreate folder but I copied all the ones that I have here, it may be something a simple as a folder missing... Like CDROOT... who knows...