How to integrate Media Player Classic (MPC) ?

kal

omg thx a lot guys !

So, i put mplayerc.exe into $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32 folder and insert this command in a cmd file called by cmd CMDLINES.TXT :

mplayerc.exe /regvid

All right ? :)

Kal

why dont you create a directory for MPC in $Progs and a shortcut in $Docs?

So the MPC will be copied over to c:\Program Files\Media Player Classic (just an example)

and yeah, just execute mplayerc.exe /regvid to register video files but i would run it after the windows setup using the guirunonce-based programs/batches

you dont have to copy anything by hand or create shortcuts using batch files :)

if you create a directory called $Progs inside $OEM$, all of its contents will be copied to your %ProgramFiles% directory during windows setup.

the same with the $Docs directory inside $OEM$, it is linked to c:\documents and settings (example). so you just have to create directories called All Users\Startmenu in here and copy your shortcuts in.

the only thing you have to regard is that the path of your shortcut uses the relative value %ProgramFiles%. example for that: "%ProgramFiles%\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe"

of course you can do it as you wish but i wanted you to be informed about your possibilities :rolleyes: at least a shortcut might be useful, even if you copy your mplayerc.exe to system32

further information can be found @ http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/oemfolders.htm

Ok, this is my new structure :

$OEM$\$Progs\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe

Now, i want to create a shortcut for "%ProgramFiles%\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe.

Is there a command to create a shortcut ?

Thx a lot dud ! :)

copy the directory to your current program files directory, rightclick the exe-file and select create a shortcut. rename it as you wish, rightclick it again, select properties and replace for instance c:\program files by %ProgramFiles%, also in the working directory.

if it can apply it, everything should work. copy the shortcut to $Docs\All Users\Startmenu\Accessoires (for instance) and you should be done :)

Well, i've trier to do this with an unattend install of win2k, and it seems that $Progs $Docs arent recognize by the setup system :rolleyes:

In fact, all folder into $Progs are not copied in program file folder etc..

So i must use msdos to create folder etc :D

This is the syntax of the batch file :

-------------------------------------

xcopy "%systemdrive%\INSTALL\MPC\mplayerc.exe" "%programfiles%\Media Player Classic\"

cd "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Media Player Classic\"

mplayerc.exe /regvid

-------------------------------------

I'm going to try this :)

Thx anymore :D

Kal