Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC1 Released!

Denney

Just visited the Windows Beta website and it seems the RC1 of Windows XP Service Pack 2 has been released.

I haven't recieved and official email yet but the following are available:

xpsp2-express.exe

xpsp2.exe

deploy.cab

WindowsXPSP2.X86.fre.rc1.symbols.exe

Woohoo... looks like we're getting closer to release (finally).

Time to test it out...

Another question. Is it possible to integrate the SP into a RTM Windows XP CD and then add the files from the cmpnents directory into the I386 directory?

Eg. Integrate and then copy the Media Center I386 dir to create a Media Center CD? I doubt it because you'd probably need the RTM Media Center CD but it's worth asking.

:rolleyes:   I have a copy of XP.SP2.RC1.Express,anyone who need it please mail me with XiaoFaye_HM@hotmail.com,I'm so pleasure to offer it.

:) Read the rules!

Or better yet look up the page four posts.

FthrJACK Posted: Mar 18 2004, 01:33 AM  

From beta place.

Dont post any download links to warez please. 

Edited by likuidkewl

okay i agree with the rules and respect everyone but why should this be considered warez/illegal? i mean okay if this was a product that was to be bought okay. but its free and going to be a mandatory update.....

Direct from MS:

Beta License Agreements

The Microsoft License Agreement for Beta Software (MLAB) is no longer required for beta testing. Terms and conditions for participating in Microsoft beta programs will be included within the product software, beta kit or on the download page. Agreeing to these terms is your acknowledgement that you will not disclose any information about a product including, but not limited to; the product, beta newsgroup content, Web site documents and other content, or the content of any beta-related e-mail to persons not covered by the agreement. Failure to abide by these terms could result in removal of you and your company from Microsoft beta programs.