PECMD - password protect explorer.exe

robex2005

Helo all,

I have a problem setting up pecmd.ini , to ask for a password when loading explorer.exe shell

i used this syntax:

SHEL %SystemRoot%\EXPLORER.EXE, e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e, 5

The pecmd.ini file is the default from winpe8se

The problem is , upon booting, instead of a password prompt, all i get is a blank black screen with a mouse arrow.

I would appreciate a little bit of help.

PS: i tried to create an autoit script that pecmd would load, ask for a password and the load the explorer.exe shell

I worked, but the autoit script kept reappering , even when i was already in win8pe se desktop. i can't get it to close , even when i type the correct password

i used this syntax:

SHEL %SystemRoot%\EXPLORER.EXE, e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e, 5

The pecmd.ini file is the default from winpe8se

Post the full pecmd.ini anyyway.

Which password is 123456?

The (google translation) of the syntax is here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://blog.csdn.net/kingli_2008/article/details/6765792

SHEL

Format: SHEL <file name (including path)> [password MD5 string], [Retry times]

Features: load the specified shell and SHELL lock.

Parameters:

■ file name is the the SHELL file name (including the path, you can use environment variables).

■ The password is the letters of the alphabet and numbers, case-sensitive, the maximum length of the password is 12 characters.

■ omit the password MD5 string will automatically log the default retry opportunities for 3.

Example:

◆ SHEL% SystemRoot% \ EXPLORER.EXE, e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e, 5

Remarks:

※ This command is similar to the function with EXEC $ modification process shutdown code (mount the ExitWindowsEx "function).

※ This command also has the function of lock SHELL, SHELL is automatically loaded when the shell is killed.

※ SHELL command with a login password, it is recommended that before it turned on the LOGO command.

※ the TEXT command of SHEL command parameters may have to re-set.

* SHEL command must after HOTK command, the command can not be used on the command line, and can only be used in the configuration file.

As you might know the tool is Chinese and there is a lack of proper documentation in English AFAIK.

The problem is , upon booting, instead of a password prompt, all i get is a blank black screen with a mouse arrow.

I would appreciate a little bit of help.

And the SAME build, but without the password request works perfectly? :unsure:

PS: i tried to create an autoit script that pecmd would load, ask for a password and the load the explorer.exe shell

I worked, but the autoit script kept reappering , even when i was already in win8pe se desktop. i can't get it to close , even when i type the correct password

BUT unfortunately crystall balls are unavailable at the moment :ph34r: , and possibly for this you should ask for help on the AutoIt Forum (in any case if you don't post WHAT you have written, noone will be able to help you).

BTW the "official" support board for Win8PE_SE is:

http://theoven.org/index.php

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

The build is working fine without the password option.

The full pecmd.ini is:

LOGS% %WinDir%\System32\Pecmd.log
CALL OSInit
CALL LoadShell
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
_SUB OSInit
DISP W1024 H768 B32 F60
_END
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
_SUB LoadShell
//HOTK Ctrl + S,PECMD.EXE SHUT // The Shutdown button
SHEL % SystemRoot% \ EXPLORER.EXE, e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e, 5
_END

If i replace the SHEL command

SHEL % SystemRoot% \ EXPLORER.EXE, e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e, 5 

with this one:

SHEL % SystemRoot% \ EXPLORER.EXE 

the desktop loads ok

e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e is MD5 for 123456 wich is the password for loading the explorer.exe shell, according to the help file.

BTW, no one is answering on the official Win8PE forum

I made one AutoIT exe once to prompt for a password (allow access to cmd.exe when using winpeshl.ini) so maybe it can help you.

$GUI = GUICreate("Login",210,80,-1,-1,0x16C80000,0x00000181)
$USERNAME = GUICtrlCreateInput("Username",5,5,200,20,0x01)
$PASSWORD = GUICtrlCreateInput("Password",5,30,200,20,0x21)
$LOGIN = GUICtrlCreateButton("Login",50,55,100,20)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$GUI)

While 1
$MSG = GUIGetMsg()
If $MSG = $LOGIN Then
If GUICtrlRead($USERNAME) == "USERNAME" And GUICtrlRead($PASSWORD) == "PASSWORD" Then
Run(@Comspec & " /c cmd.exe")
Exit
Else
MsgBox(0,"Login","Incorrect username or password.")
EndIf
ElseIf $MSG = -3 Then
Exit
EndIf
WEnd

Exit

The (necessarily due to the translation) "vague" syntax provided seems to imply that a "LOGO" ON command must be run before (and possibly also a HOTK one -which is commented out in your PECMD.ini) :unsure:

jaclaz