Auto driver install disk

dmarnold

Hello all. :hello:

Love this forum! Soooo much info! I hope I'm posting in the right place...didn't know if I should post this in software or hardware. :blushing:

I'm trying to create a motherboard drivers installation disk. I have a couple of Intel mobos that came with a "Express Installer CD".

I'm sure you are familiar with these. The thing I like about these disks is once you have started the install process the scripting on the disk handles installing the drivers (in the correct order), restarts the computer (when necessary), and logs in at restart automatically until all is completed.

I found a discussion on the web somewhere sometime ago, but have been unable to find anything resembeling it again...after very much searching.

Ideas, thoughts, comments?

Thanks

I think Intel uses DPInst to handle their installations. There are other methods I've seen from other install disks, for example AOpen had one where you could probably modify it. I don't have an AOpen driver disc anymore to look at unfortunately. I looked at an MSI disc and it looks like it uses Devcon.

Also you can check the stickies in this forum:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/88-device-drivers/