How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

Guest youtuy2011

Guest youtuy2011

I've bought a pdf format ebook and would like to quote some sections to make a word or PPT presentation for my teaching class, buy somehow I can only copy text but not the charts and photos which are the most important things.So how can I convert the pdf ebook to word or PPT document without changing the original layouts? Can Adobe do that? Or any other software?

You are probably having difficulty copying vector graphics ( scalable images ). Raster images ( bitmaps ) should be able to be copied ( I think ) unless they have some security.

Anyway, rather than installing some PDF specific utility and learning the quirks it might be better for your own sanity to just hit Print Screen ( copies the current display to the clipboard ), open up a photo-editor and crop the image you want. This way, you don't care if the source is raster or vector.

Just be sure to first enlarge or maximize the PDF window and set the zoom so that the graphic appears on the screen in the size that you ultimately need. Then when you hit Print-Screen you have a bitmap that just needs cropping without any re-sizing. Copy that and then paste it where you need it.

Remember to credit the author though!