HP F2400 Printer Driver for Windows 2000

prabowo96

Hello everyone,

I use Windows 2000 Professional and now I get HP All In One Printer with brand name HP F2476. HP said that this printer is part of HP F2400 family, so I download the driver from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-72288-3&cc=id&dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=3964427&sw_lang=. Unfortunately, this driver is required Windows XP as minimal supported OS installed.

So... do you know step by step how to pass the OS checking version? I know very little about KDW... and I don't know yet whether this tool can solve my problem.

Thanks in advance...

@tomasz86:

Thanks for your kindly help. There's a new situation now... My harddisk suddenly death, so I have to buy the new one. I get a new 500 GB SATA harddisk and I put it on my netbook. I have to switch it into IDE mode since I know Windows 2000 can't recognize AHCI by default. My installation is fail and I get error message INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. Googling around and I have to surrender...

So, it seems that I must end with WIndows XP, back the harddisk into AHCI since I already slipstream XP with my AHCI driver and the installation is run smoothly...

I've also got an HP printer which is a Photosmart C4740 and it's minimum requirement is Windows XP. Since support themselves was actually nice to me and found a workaround, it seems that the Deskjet 550c and 990c would work to make the printer print. As for scanning, I just go through the web application built into the device. Whether that applies to your device or not, I don't know. But I use mine wirelessly and I just go into my web browser and type the ip address in for the printer (like you would to enter your router or modem setup). So whether yours will do the same or similar, I don't know but it is a workaround for the time being. Also, the printer drivers I listed may not work but you might have to play around with whatever is there to get something working.

Edited by SearanoX

Why don't you slipstream the AHCI driver into Windows 2000 too? It's no different than XP, isn't it?

Since I love WIndows 2000, I already did that strategy. I did slipstream Intel NM 10 chipset driver (which is I use it in XP successfully) into 2k installation using nLite. But I don't why the generated ISO always give me error message like "INVALID LINE 53 IN INF FILE".

Last night, I tried to install Windows 2000 again on my Clevo netbook. Now with HFSlip packages and slipstreamed AHCI driver and I did install using WinSetupFromUSB. The installation was smooth... take about 1 hours and finally, I can see the text "2000 Professional, Built on NT Technology" appeared on my netbook screen :D

All drivers are work (but I don't try to install HP F2400 driver yet) except the LAN driver (JMicron NDIS Driver).