New to unattended windows creation

:o Me too... That's why I haven't gotten around to "fixing" the "latest" CMD file I posted.

Thx for the time out to make it, -X-... You might want to post that over on the other Topic as well (or link to here to make an inter-link).

I will gladly trade you two Grandkids for a vacation in the tropics... :lol:

@O0o0O0O0o - There ya go!!!! Use it, it's good! (note - does NOT include "Microsoft Update" module - not needed for XP-only).

infinst_autol.exe

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19596

Language: Multi language

Run this easy to use Intel® Driver Update Utility and it will "automatically" tell you if you need to update your chipset INF file, and if so, will prompt you to install and you are done. This will save you a lot of time not only on your chipset download but the most common files needed for your system.

Edit: Made mistake

I renamed it to WindowsUpdateAgent7.6.7600.256.Add-on.Creator.zip. My bad.

Edited by -X-

So it doesn't really matter which one I use when integrating in nlite,correct ?

I renamed it to WindowsUpdateAgent7.6.7600.256.Add-on.Creator.zip. My bad.

No not your Mistake -X-, I forgot to run the .bat file before I threw it in nlite.. :D I realized my mistake and edited my post..

I'm not sure if it matters. I just copied and pasted what I read via a Google search on the filenames.

How are you adding them to your CD and can you provide the download links for your chipset? If the one I posted isn't the one you are using.

I'm not sure if it matters. I just copied and pasted what I read via a Google search on the filenames.

How are you adding them to your CD and can you provide the download links for your chipset? If the one I posted isn't the one you are using.

I just got a dell dimention 2400 for 25 bucks from neighbor /with Xp home.. Service Tag: GW6DX51 and chipset say 'System chip set

Intel 845GV' . So I go to intel and find this here

Im done with dimention 4600, that cd works perfect. Im getting dell lattitude laptop soon with xp pro but couldn't refuse dimention 2400 for 25 bucks.

EDIT: Sorry for confusion.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

I download the file then extract to desktop.

Then I extract the infs from data cab 1 and move them to the XP folder with the cat files and point the infs in the xp folder to nlite.

What is the "unattended txt" for in the i386 folder ? It deosn't even have the same product key as does the winnt.sif file that is also in there. (OEM/before I do anything to source)

I know to replace the winnt.sif file with the one I make with deployment tool but is it better to keep "unattended.txt" in there like I have always done ? Any reason to remove it ?