New to unattended windows creation

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! You manually slipstream'd SP3 onto a pre-SP3 XP, right? Wonder how many other duplicates you have (compressed vs uncompressed)? nLite when SLIPSTREAMING A SERVICE PACK ONLY would have "cleaned up" for you...

edit - or... maybe not.

I will say that XP SP2 is 5.1.2600.2180. Better check your SOURCE!!! Something is not right...

edit2 - see this as well - TWO of you with same problem?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=156382&view=getnewpost

I'm now bowing out... -X- this is your baby from now on...

Edited by submix8c

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! You manually slipstream'd SP3 onto a pre-SP3 XP, right? Wonder how many other duplicates you have (compressed vs uncompressed)? nLite when SLIPSTREAMING A SERVICE PACK ONLY would have "cleaned up" for you...

Impossible action. I have SP2 Home OEM. No Duplicate -

1001172t.jpg

Please make no doubt with -X-, this is one time mistake as I do things very thorough. I believe I hit 'next' button after sp3 integration done but before the number changed.Either that or forgot to slip SP3 but doubtful,Im sure I remember it extracting and installing.

EDIT:

edit2 - see this as well - TWO of you with same problem?

http://www.msfn.org/...view=getnewpost

I read thread but seen no solution.

Edit again: I see solution now but don't like solution.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

OK, now start again with a fresh source but this time, after sorting the updates by date move, with the up and down arrows on the right, KB978338 below KB2509553. Once done, tell me the version of tcpip6.

Edited by -X-

OK. You can take that nLited source and burn it and you should have a clean Windows Update. And you now know what to do in the future...put KB978338 below KB2509553.

The problem is your nLite is "broken". It should automatically use the higher version sys file without resorting to sorting. What version of nLite are you using?

It is also very strange that tcpip6.sys was expanded.

OK. You can take that nLited source and burn it and you should have a clean Windows Update. And you now know what to do in the future...put KB978338 below KB2509553.

The problem is your nLite is "broken". It should automatically use the higher version sys file without resorting to sorting. What version of nLite are you using?

It is also very strange that tcpip6.sys was expanded.

Thank you -X-, for knowledge and patients.

Im using nLite v1.4.9.1 | Installer | 2.54 MB from nuhi's website.

I didn't sort updates before so Im going to have to go with "broken" theory .. :D No idea how that could happen but would explain how my SP3 didn't slip properly last session.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

I doubt this will work but you could try installing nLite again over your installed one and then run some experiments with just those 2 updates. Put one before the other and see what version of tcpip6 is used. Then invert the sort and check again.

I uninstall nLite and reinstalled .

I Start with Fresh source,slipstream SP3,Done.

I go into source and TCPIP6.SY_ was there. I extracted and was tcpip6.sys file version: 5.1.2600.5512

(copy and pasted to desktop/ do not mess up source)

1.) I goto hotfix section and integrate "KB978338 below KB2509553" and TCPIP6.SY_ dissappeared and left behind tcpip6.sys file version: 5.1.2600.5935 ...

I Start with Fresh source again,slipstream SP3,Done.

2.) I try this other way around, KB2509553 below KB978338 and same TCPIP6.SY_ dissappeared and left behind tcpip6.sys file version: 5.1.2600.5625

I also integrated everything (fresh source) and didn't arange any updates except for "KB978338 below KB2509553" and that turned out correct. Is it possible that XP pro is different than Home when it comes to integrating ? I see you run pro 32.

Very strange. I'm at a loss to explain it. There's another member having the same problem. I seriously doubt that it's a XP Home problem.

I forgot I had a copy of XP home and did some experiments.

I was wrong. You were right. It's because it's XP Home. KB2509553 has system.adm. A file used for group policy. XP Home does not come with group policy so nLite uses the /integrate switch on that update..

KB2509553onXPHome.png

I'll add a footnote for those 2 updates saying that KB978338 must be put below KB2509553 when the target source is XP Home.

Edited by -X-

Very good research and good find -X-, you do great work.

EDIT: Do You use vmare player ? I try installing one for 32 and 64 bit systems but still not able to install.

I'll research and see if a version I can use,unless better recommend ?

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

EDIT: Do You use vmare player ? I try installing one for 32 and 64 bit systems but still not able to install.
Maybe -X- does, I don't I use MS' VPC2007 (I said that). Again, your Integrated Drivers will ONLY install if the Hardware is There/Defined (else they are ignored). Alternatively, go the the Website I gave for VMware Player "Documentation" and Get-Those-Drivers and integrate them ADDITIONALLY (they interface to your REAL HOST OS Hardware+Drivers). Additionally, you can ONLY install an X64 system on X64 Hardware REGARDLESS of whether you "define" the Machine as X64 (unless VMWare "emulates" one). VPC2007 does NOT do X64 Machine at all! My CD's install XP 32-bit just fine in VPC2007... There is absolutely NO reason that XP 32-bit will be "not able to install"... you MUST be doing something wrong!!!

edit - OHHHH! Sorry, you are referring to being unable to install VMWare Player on your Host!!! Here are the PDF docs. It SHOULD install... Err-maybe not (see the "Getting Started With" PDF). Your Dimension 4600 is 32-bit only... It APPEARS that v2.5 will install/run...

v2.5.5 and drivers (documents for v2.5 in above link).

Edited by submix8c

I make mistake as it read "Run 32- and 64-bit virtual machines," not for 32 and 64 bit machines. ooops

Thank you to submix8c, I install v 2.5 as you say,very good . :)

Edited by O0o0O0O0o