Windows 95 shutdown sound fx question

JDAWG

Hey, Everyone!

This might sound like an odd request, but is there any way for me to download the giggling child sound fx from the windows 95 shutdown? My current computer has windows 7. For me, it's a nostalgic thing.

Thanks!

Jim

Edited by JDAWG

The filename is "Utopia Windows Exit.wav", found in "C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\" if you still have an old installation. You can also google it; it's readily available.

The filename is "Utopia Windows Exit.wav", found in "C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\" if you still have an old installation. You can also google it; it's readily available.

Thank you for the info. Once I get the file, how do I go about installing it onto my computer? Please keep in mind that I'm a somewhat of a lay person.

Thanks!

Look here. Just un-RAR them into that folder (note - the name in that file are the DOS Short Names).

Direct link from MS for the Install. Don't know whether it will or not as these are strictly 32-bit and not really designed for anything other than Win9x. Note - also adds registry entries, so BE AWARE and make SURE you are backed up.

Look here. Just un-RAR them into that folder (note - the name in that file are the DOS Short Names).

Direct link from MS for the Install. Don't know whether it will or not as these are strictly 32-bit and not really designed for anything other than Win9x. Note - also adds registry entries, so BE AWARE and make SURE you are backed up.

Muchas gracias Senor! :-)