Removing Hidden Packages

I want to remove bloat from Windows 7 SP1 x64, I'm using variations of this command to do it, but it keeps erroring out.

pkgmgr /up:C:\Mount\Windows\Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385 /l:C:\Pkgmgr.log

I think it's because these packages are hidden, how do I do this? I've tried like 4 times now, and I just can't get it to work, I don't care what methods, I'm game for manually deleting files and registry entries, idc so long as it works.

Edited by marcusj0015

Install wim tweak. But it's very unsafe because it doesn't check for or know of any dependencies. Whenever I used it, I've always ended with unusable Windows. It's that easy to get carried away. I feel like I'm handing you a wepon to shoot yourself in the foot, but you asked for it... :yes:

GL

Install wim tweak. But it's very unsafe because it doesn't check for or know of any dependencies. Whenever I used it, I've always ended with unusable Windows. It's that easy to get carried away. I feel like I'm handing you a wepon to shoot yourself in the foot, but you asked for it... :yes:

GL

Thanks ^_^ I forgot all about this, I'll make sure to step behind the shed before I shoot myself in the foot :)

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble, Windows is saying that "Server-Help-Package.ClientStarter~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514" Isn't a Windows Package, what command should I use?

I'm using; DISM /Image:C:\Mount /Remove-Package /PackageName:Server-Help-Package.ClientStarter~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514

Edited by marcusj0015