VLC media player new version 2.0.1 portable

though if I understand correctly it is that 2010 compiler(sp?) that's the culprit.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

MS VC++ 2010 is one of the reasons why many programs won't run in Windows 2000 without any unofficial kernel installed but there are also many other issues related to file dependencies, etc.

By the way, if you're concerned about installing unofficial packages I'd suggest using Clonezilla or Parted Magic (Clonezilla is included in it) to make a copy of your system partition. You can always restore it to the previous state if something goes wrong. If possible, using a USB flash disk to boot it is recommended (because it's much faster than booting from CD).

Edited by tomasz86

though if I understand correctly it is that 2010 compiler(sp?) that's the culprit.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

MS VC++ 2010 is one of the reasons why many programs won't run in Windows 2000 without any unofficial kernel installed but there are also many other issues related to file dependencies, etc.

I released Windows 9x / 2000 Library for VC++2010. before.

If you compile with this library on VC++2010 , your program does not only works on Windows 2000 but also Windows 95/98/Me ! :)

Edited by blackwingcat

If you compile with this library on VC++2010 , your program does not only works on Windows 2000 but also Windows 95/98/Me ! :)

Hasn't anyone told Mozilla this? :wub:

Or don't they want to know? :unsure: [that's the closest to confused as I can find here]

Big Fat Edit: it is now 20:37 I'm at the so-called Mozilla forum [registered] and I'm getting the run-around,

I see no place to put a new post. You'd thunk that the smart people over there would know about BWC

and take him under their wing as a supporting contributor. :rolleyes:

Another Big Fat Edit: It is now Saturday.

Right now I can't even afford to run out and get a cheap refurb, so I'm going to take the 30gig Kingston SSD I got for my birthday and was saving for the

PVR, use XXCLONE , set this BIOS to boot from it and try tomasz' s UURollup. I don't know when,as I have many other chores to do but will report

back,success or failure, when I've done so.

Thanks for all the advice.

Edited by Browncoat

Hasn't anyone told Mozilla this? :wub:

Or don't they want to know? :unsure: [that's the closest to confused as I can find here]

Big Fat Edit: it is now 20:37 I'm at the so-called Mozilla forum [registered] and I'm getting the run-around,

I see no place to put a new post. You'd thunk that the smart people over there would know about BWC

and take him under their wing as a supporting contributor. :rolleyes:

Mozilla developers say ”We finished support Windows 2000, so new use new API and delete stub function for Windows 2000”

And, I changed from KDW wrapper project to Extended kernel .

v15 kernel can use Firefox 13 and ThunderBird 13 :)

Edited by blackwingcat

OK, I've done the mechanical bit but since all four SATA connectors on this ASUS were full, after what was the backup boot drive

[initiated when the IDE one failed] was being used as the main 'C' drive. "BootBackup" is now just sitting in the drive cage unconnected,

with the SSD using it's data and power connectors.

I see a new version of the UURollup today.

What does it do?

Does it give me SATA drivers, for I know it is a waste to have a SSD run in IDE mode but I only guess that is what the mobo

did on its' own as I had no trouble in 2008 [yeah, time to think about a new build] installing W2k from a SATA DVD drive.

Also I envy Syclones' achievement of getting all four cores of his new build running. Which is what I want to do,once I get the cash,

is build a gamer-level AMD/nVidia workstation because for now when I download a 720p mkv file I have to convert it to avi to run on

this machine with SUPER

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It would be so much nicer just to run it directly but this machine chokes, with cpu at 100%, yet when I match video bitrate to the original

and just cut the multi-channel audio to mp3 stereo, the cpu runs at 64% or less with a great picture.

I can't read BWC's blog, even with google translate. That would also solve the MDP-130's glitch of not being able to play DVDs in a multi-

core since the Windows version of VLC can [whereas in linux I have to add the CSS libraries manually].

Lastly, I'm not going to slipstream, I'm going to install one at a time, manually, as if I've never heard of HFSLip or nLite.

Right now, got other chores to do, will report back later.

I'm not even going to worry about the swap file because I notice Spybots' TeaTimer app does the same thing every 2nd boot,cpu at 100%,

while it checks everything in the system.

WOW! you guys are geniuses !!!!!!!!

I have the latest VLC portable now, Thanks tomasz!!!!!

Though like I said over at the other board, I'm having trouble extracting that runtime archive,

all the files[dlls] come out as 0kb. I don't understand that 7z format, could you re-do the archive as

.rar or a normal .zip, please.

:):D:lol:

Edited by Browncoat

You're just using an old version of 7-zip that doesn't support one of the current standard compression formats that 7-zip now uses, and has for over a year now I think. Get a version of 7-Zip that is 9.20 or greater and you'll be fine. You'll need it eventually anyway, so don't fight it.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

bphlpt ......

Yep, I upgraded to the latest 7-zip, ver 9.20

Continuing this over at the Ryam VM forum...

EOL 2000 subforum.

EDIT:

Yep, I had VLC 2.0.1 running, however something happened to one app

I find critical and I'm going to start over again.

over to the RyanVM forum.....

Edited by Browncoat